Monday, July 7, 2014

our independence day weekend

Both this weekend and morning I've been seeing pictures on Instagram and reading your posts about fun and exciting 4th of July weekends filled with family, fun, food, fireworks, and other summer goodness. 

Ours was nothing like that. The big exciting food we had was pumpkin muffins [a fall food? even though they are delicious]. Landon was still recovering from his illness [which we are nearly certain was food poisoning] so he wasn't up to eating much of anything other than crackers and applesauce. And since that's pretty much what Emerson eats every day anyhow.... we kept it simple. 




Emerson dressed up in some red white and blue and the two of us went grocery shopping. Our big exciting outing for the weekend. After a day of playing and a few walks and visits to the park, he was worn out and ready for bed. Not long after he was in bed some of our neighbors started lighting off fireworks. It wasn't even really dark out, but they kept lighting them off. I went outside and sat in our driveway and watched a few different houses light off their fireworks. Oh, they are so pretty [or, some of them at least :]. 

Saturday was also pretty laid back for us. During one of Emerson's naps I escaped and went to the bookstore. We have an upcoming [very long] trip and I thought I would try the whole get a new book/toy for him thing and hope and pray that it works. We shall see! I made it back to the house before Emerson was ready to get up for dinner. Oh the things I do these days for a little 'excitment'. ha. 




He figured out and mastered climbing onto the ottoman in his room... 
it might be time to take that out... 

Sunday was our usual: go to church day. We think they are starting small groups at our church now, or at least they have talked about it, so we are praying it's not just talk and are going to talk to the pastor about it again. Oh, I also got to take a nice long nap on Sunday. I'm not much of a napper, I just feel like I should be doing something even if that something is reading a book or doing dishes. But I was so sleepy, and wasn't ready to wake up when Emerson woke up from his afternoon nap. So Landon told me he would give Emerson his dinner ... while I went back to bed. What?! On the rare occasion that offer has been made before I always decline, but yesterday, I didn't feel like fooling with trying to think of something to feed Emerson and was still sleepy. So I laid down again. ha. It was so nice :) 

on the bright side, at least he was so proud of himself for climbing 
onto the ottoman that he sat still, posed,  and smiled for me!!! 
and then he fell off. 

Anyhow. That's my exciting weekend for ya ;p  I hope you all have fun and festive weekends!! 



7 comments:

Alisha said...

So, So cute!! That outfit is too cute! What a doll!

Climbing on furniture/boxes/shelves will give me a heart attack at 30... I swear, my heart drops every time I see him smiling so proudly that he got up, so cute, yet so scary!

Amy said...

Oh he is so darn cute! :)

Lauren said...

so precious! Elyse's ottoman rocks back and forth...thankfully she's not in there a lot by herself, because she thinks it's AWESOME to launch herself on to the ottoman and make it move!

Sarah said...

Look at his adorable outfit! Love it!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

His outfit is so precious!!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Cutie, hope he is feeling better!

Breanna said...

I cannot even get over how adorable he is! That outfit is too cute for words! <3 Hope he is feeling better now!