Wednesday, August 6, 2014

health insurance ... oh the joys ...

When we moved here almost a year ago we were able to stay on Landon's health insurance plan, but now that we know for sure he won't be returning to his old job in Louisville [well, we always knew that we wouldn't be going back to it, but his employer offered to keep him on unpaid leave of absence for a year, from which we could still have the perk of keeping the same insurance], we will no longer have our amazing health insurance.

So now I have the daunting task of finding and getting health insurance for us, and oh, how it is a terrible, horrible process. It is probably one of my least favorite things to do. Ever. That was one thing I loved so much about my job- there was an incredibly nice and helpful lady who worked with us and helped with health insurance, I just told her what I wanted and poof, it was done. Amazing really. And it kind of really makes me want to go back to my job just so I don't have to deal with it. But I'm not, so here I am ... oh health insurance, I love you but I hate you. 

Anyhow, here's the little sunshine in my day that helps me realize even more so the extreme importance of getting health insurance... and that not everything we do in this life will be a enjoyable... :) with him in my life though? It's pretty near impossible for it not to be enjoyable :) 




2 comments:

Susannah said...

Augh! Insurance is the worst!!! I work at a dr's office and it's taught me how horrible insurance is! I'm praying that whatever church Nate ends up at has a good plan because I don't want to go through the issues of finding a plan that fits us (or is super expensive)

kelseylynae said...

I hear ya! Brent gets great coverage through the bank, but for us to join is ridiculously expensive! (Like 700!) I have liked the insurance I have for me and the girls (assurant health). They are based out of Iowa and sooo awesome when I call (which to me is worth something). They are reasonably priced, have a decent deductible, and did I mention they are helpful? (However I switched at the wrong time and couldn't get maternity coverage for baby number two. (Which worked out-- since we were out of pocket the hospital forgave almost all our bills... Which doesn't make sense, but whatever). I will get maternity coverage starting in October (so helpful. Ha!) and I think most plans have to give it now so you shouldn't run into that. Okay. That's my story. Ha. It stinks for sure. The other decent option I looked at was blue cross blue shield, but they had so many options it was too daunting.