Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I close my eyes and imagine . . .

This morning I looked out my window and the clouds were just so. Smooth puffs of clouds hanging in the sky. They were in the perfect spot -grazing low in the horizon, and for a moment I could imagine I was 'home' and looking out at the majestic snow capped mountain tops of Northwest Washington.

It's a good thing I have a vivid imagination and like to pretend.


In a few years we will be saying good-bye to Illinois and making our way to somewhere else, somewhere new. It could be anywhere. My not-so-secret hope is that we wind up back [for me] in the Northwest. Being near the mountains and so close to nature would make my heart oh so very happy. I. love. that part of the country. It feels like home. 

I'm just thankful that I have an imagination and that I can close my eyes and see the beauty and home I once knew [and for the internet full of pictures to help me see it even clearer].



2 comments:

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

PNW is where it's at!! But I may be biased :)

Susannah said...

YES!!! Move to the PNW!!!! ;-)