Friday, October 10, 2014

four cozy things + one little booty = five happy things

It seems as though October has brought with it cooler temperatures, and it seems like they're going to stay. yay! So I thought it'd be fun to go through a few things I'm enjoying on these perfect fall days.

one. coffee. Now that the weather is a tad chillier I look even more forward to sitting down and enjoying a little cup of coffee. Of course, I'm not the type to drink it black. I always add a little flavored sugar. I saw this guy at the grocery store the other day and had to try it out. I like it. It's not as cookie-ish as I anticipated, but it is still pretty yummy and makes these brisk mornings a little more cozy.


two. mittens. I love a good pair of mittens. My favorite kind of mittens/gloves are the ones with the little flap you can cover your fingers with. Each fall and winter for the past seven or so years these babies have been keeping my fingers nice and toasty. Each year I see a new pattern or color and want to get a new pair. I think this year I may be able to justify it, my other ones are wearing pretty thin and a little hole is forming. yay for new mittens :)


three. slippers. I love slippers. I always have. I always will. There is something about them that just make my feet happy. I wear them year round, but even more so in the colder months [like right now :]. Last year I got E a pair of little reindeer slippers. He loved wearing them. Though, they kind of fell off/were taken off a lot for whatever reason [maybe because he was a baby and was always playing with his feet?]. But he loved them. And I loved them on his little toes. Any time they came off he would bring it over to me and crawl into my lap to put it back on. Melt my heart. While we were visiting Landon's family this past weekend one of Landon's sisters brought a little surprise with her when she came home from her classes and studying. Mickey Mouse Slippers. I died. He wanted them on immediately and pretty much since then, he has worn them every single minute of the day that he can [nap time included]. So, pretty much unless we go outside or leave the house, they are on his feet. He loves them. I love that he loves slippers already.   

last year's slippers ... and why they never stayed on for long periods of time :)


four. bundled up babies [toddlers]. With the chilly weather comes coats, hats, and mittens. What is is about babies that make these things all the cuter?! I love bundling these two up so we can go explore outside. And so far they have been really good [excited even] about getting their coats, hats, and mittens on [and leaving them on]. I pray that continues as it will only get colder here! 


five. this little booty. I love it. It is so fun to lay on the floor and read books with him. Right now his favorite spot to sit is on my face. It's a little uncomfortable for me at times it also makes it a little tricky to read a book with him, but I think it's the sweetest thing when he sits or lays on me [for now at least]. Does that make me crazy? Probably. Am I the only one with a little squirt who likes to sit on their mama or daddy? 


and one more thing. I just have to mention this give away, because well, it's a give away. It's super awesome and it would be such a fun little bundle to get :)




linking up with darciaprilchristina + natasha


Happy Weekend to you! I hope you all have a fun and relaxing one and that you stay warm if it's supposed to be chilly in your neck of the woods.


2 comments:

Amy said...

That creamer looks delicious. :) I may have to try that out. I love slippers. They are so cozy!

kelseylynae said...

a cute booty, indeed!