Friday, October 3, 2014

plans, pancakes, and pizza

Since it's October I thought it would fun to share five happy things that often come along with October and Fall.

one.  rainy days. This morning [and yesterday] it is[was] raining. It rained all day yesterday and there were even some storms here and there. And now that's it October [only the best month ever] the rain is helping it to really feel like Fall. I'm hoping that after these rainy days the cool weather comes in and stays for a while. I just love the crisp Fall air and brisk days. I could spend all day outside on days like that.

two. change of plans. I'm a meal planner. It's not my favorite job, but I do it. Mostly because I like to know what's to come and to be able to prepare for our weekly meals. This also helps a lot with shopping each week. Last night I started whipping up dinner before Emerson woke up from his nap. When he woke up I took a little break and ran upstairs to get him. The pancake batter sitting on the counter, the oven heated for some bacon... good stuff. Which is when I realized I had six missed calls and three missed face times. ...somebody missed the bus, I won't say any names, but he needed me to come get him. So I grabbed a few pouches and snacks for Emerson and off we went.


three. pizza. Instead of the planned pancakes, Landon ordered a pizza so we wouldn't have to wait until 8:30 to eat. I thought it was pretty thoughtful of him... considering. So even though it wasn't planned, it was still a nice little evening of surprises.

four. pouches. I love pouches. Mostly because Emerson can't seem to get enough of them. But goodness sakes, they are perfect for little "emergency" outings like the one we had last night. Except now they are all gone. Which means I get to go find some coupons and go get some more for him.


five. pancakes for breakfast. You know that batter I made last night? It's going to be our breakfast. We usually just do cereal, yogurt, toast, or something simple like that for breakfast. Mostly because it takes too long to actually fix something, and when Emerson wakes up, he wants to eat. He's not very patient when it comes to meal time.  It's just easier. But this morning will be a special one complete with pancakes. [Aren't you glad you know what I'm fixing for breakfast? :] Which can only mean the rest of the day will be equally good, right? Because isn't starting the day with pancakes one of the best ways to start the day?

I hope you all have a happy weekend!



linking up here          



3 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

It's currently raining where I leave and I'm sort of loving it! October is my absolute favorite month!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Pancakes & pizza?!!! YES please! :)

Courtney said...

Mmm pancakes and pizza. Two of my most favorite things!!