Friday, October 31, 2014

sniffles, tea, and halloween

Happy Halloween! I feel like this is going to be one of our better Halloween's yet ... not sure why. Maybe it's because it's the first of the holiday season? Either way, I'm happy to see Halloween.

one. For the past two days I've been wiping a little miss Bee's nose, a lot. She was sniffly on Wednesday. Her mom was sweet and thoughtful enough to sake me how I felt about watching her on Thursday even though she was obviously sick with something. But, since she didn't have a fever she came over to play for the day. And now today Emerson has the sniffles, a runny nose, and a little cough. Poor little pookie. I hate when he's sick. But Bee is staying home today in hopes of more rest and a possible trip to the doctor. Oh, how I hope it's nothing serious, because chances are what she has he will get. Why do germs have to spread like wildfire around here? I was hope that my crazy efforts of wiping her hands with wipes, her nose, and every single toy down with disinfectant might help keep the germs at bay. Nope.

two. It has gotten cold here. Super cold. And for some reason the cold weather brings with it my love of tea. I've been enjoying these cold days from the warm inside while sipping on a nice cup of tea.


three. Tonight there are more things we are invited to [and I use invited kind of loosely] than we can do. Two of the things are with Landon's department at school: trick or treating in the offices [you know, all those engineering professors are so anxious to see little kids dressed up and all ;] and a pumpkin carving thing with the students in his program. Then we were invited for some chili and trick or treating with Bee, her parents, and some of their friends. The only trouble is they kind of overlap each other so we can't really do all of the things. I suppose it's nice to have options. And it will be fun which ever we decide to do.

four. I can't wait to dress Emerson up in his little Halloween costume for this year! I've been thinking about it a lot more than I should, but it's just so cute and he likes it so much! And it's nice and warm so it will be perfect to keep him nice and toasty while we go out and about this evening. A picture is going to have to wait until later though ...

five. Have a Happy Halloween!



linking up here.
 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hope both those little sweeties feel better soon! And yes to the tea and books! Book Thief is fabulous, but emotionally draining too.