Friday, October 24, 2014

visiting friends, november, and babies

Here are just a few things floating around in my head right now... :) 

one. Yesterday afternoon some of our friends from Louisville stopped by for a little visit. I think the last time we saw them was in April. Their visit was a fun break in the week and from our ordinary every life. They stayed the night and then were off this morning, it was a short but very sweet visit. We had dinner together and then stayed up a little too late [or maybe it was just 10:30 ... I'm old] talking about this and that. It was so good to see them again and to see their cute little girl! Travis and Jillian, you can come back any time you like! I am so thankful for these great friends and miss seeing their faces like we used to. I'm just glad they thought of us and stopped to stay for a bit while on their trip. 



two. Today is a half day for me. I'm not sure what our afternoon will look like, but I do know it'll just be the two of us hanging out doing a little of this and that. 

three. I just realized next week is the last week of October. It's pretty much Thanksgiving already which is nuts, but also really wonderful. I love me the holidays. 

four. On the agenda for tonight is some pizza and a movie or something. A date night in. It's my favorite night of the week. We didn't get our date night last week, so it will be nice to just chill with Landon after he gets home at the end of the day. I'm thankful we are able to have little dates even if they are just in our living room. 

five. One of my good friends recently had a baby - at 32 weeks. He is healthy and growing and she is doing well. But by goodness. He weighed 3 pounds when he was born! Such a tiny little peanut. I have a gift for them, but for some reason I'm just so bad about getting to the post office to actually mail things. It's a problem. Hopefully I'll get it to them by her due date. :) 

I hope you all have a happy weekend. 

linking up here


6 comments:

Lauren said...

32 Weeks! Yikes! So early. I've known several women who have had preemie babies recently...which is making me all the more thankful for each day that Nora decides to stay put! 34 weeks tomorrow...I'll take it!

kelseylynae said...

Aw. Wish we could have joined you and the T's!! It's been YEARS since we've seen them [well, and you. But I have seen you since our children were born so it hasn't been as long.] :)

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

Oh my gosh, I want a pizza date night in! That sounds like heaven. :)

32 weeks is early!! One of my best friends had a baby boy at 30 weeks and he is a healthy and active 7 year old. :)

Tiffany said...

Awww, the picture of them hugging is just too cute!

Jillian said...

It was a great visit but yes Kelsey- it has been WAAAY too long since we've seen you guys! I feel like we've kept up with you all through your blog, but I guess since I rarely post anything to anywhere, our family has changed quite a bit since last we saw you! Hope you are well!

Jillian said...

So great to see you all! Thanks for letting us drop in and for being so generous to let us crash there for the night! It was lots of fun! And my how I smiled when I saw the pic of the babies hugging :) precious!!!