Monday, November 17, 2014

a Chinese Thanksgiving and a weekend

We started celebrating Thanksgiving a little bit early. Sort of. The students in Landon's research group had a little pre-Thanksgiving dinner. After some other plans were cancelled we decided very last minute like to go. Thankfully I had made some mini raspberry cheesecakes [similar to these] already made up for our cancelled plans so I just took those with us. 


The Thanksgiving dinner was a very Chinese one, as most of the students in the group are from China. There was good fried rice, pork, and other dishes, though I can't tell you the names of them for the life of me. Everyone kept insisting that we eat more and more.  It was a fun way to spend our evening, all squished in a tiny over heated apartment. It's been nice being able to spend a little more time with the students Landon sees all the time. 

The rest of our weekend consisted of grocery shopping, some basketball, a little bit of football, snow, a new church, and naps. It was quite nice. Landon had to work all weekend long, so Emerson and I hung out while he worked away. 

In other news, I just realized that next week is Thanksgiving. How is that possible?! Where has this month gone? This also has me thinking that I really need to get my Christmas shopping done. I have nothing yet. Not one thing, and after a few years of having my shopping done in advance I am realizing just how much I like having it finished before everyone gets in the Christmas crunch mode. I need to get a move on it. 

Oh, what fun!  


1 comment:

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Those cheesecakes, yum!!!!! And I can't believe it's already thanksgiving either?! So crazy!!