Wednesday, November 5, 2014

a morning outing

This morning Emerson and I enjoyed a fun and very different morning from our usual one. I have the day off today and tomorrow, so I thought it would be nice to do something with my little buddy. Last night I was talking to a girl I met a few months ago to see if she was up for doing something and that's when she reminded me that story time existed.

After we got ready this morning we headed to the library for story time. We enjoyed a few songs, stories, and even did a little craft. Apparently it's the Library's birthday [140 years, I think]. My friend knew a few other moms at story time, so we did the craft together and afterwards we walked to a little pastry shop, and then to a coffee shop. We nibbled on the pastries, sipped coffee, tea, water, and chit-chatted. It was so nice.


Even though part of me was dying a little bit inside because Emerson's nap time is 10 and that's when story time started, I still went. And then I went for the pastries and coffee, pushing him even further from his nap time. And I loved every minute of it. I'm pretty sure Emerson did too.

Now I'm just trying to figure out a way that I can make this a weekly thing ... with two toddlers. I'm hoping that I'll build up the courage to try it again with both of them. I had forgotten how refreshing it is to get out of the house and see people! This morning may have been just a little trip to the library, but it so much more than that to me; it was was a breath of fresh air.

I am so thankful for the little things like this morning that bring extra joy and sunshine into my life.

... And when we got home, at noon, two hours past his nap time, I debated of how we should spend the rest of the afternoon. Should I feed him lunch? put him down for a nap first? I asked if he was sleepy and he said no. So I tried to feed him lunch. It wasn't happening. Nap time it was. Before I even finished reading him a story he was out, cuddled up against me. The sweetest thing. Oh, how I love that boy.


1 comment:

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

What a sweet mom & son morning!! I love it!!