Wednesday, November 12, 2014

a sweet little evening surprise

Last night Emerson and I spent most of the evening together, just the two of us. We did a little of this and that, and a lot of playing and reading. Around dinner time I decided to make some baked oatmeal because we had a ton of berries [they were a super deal at the store this week!] and they are the perfect combination. That dinner was the best thing ever. Seriously. I just love me some breakfast.


As we were finishing bath time Landon came home, full of surprises, for both of us. A few weeks ago  Emerson's humidifier was broken [he was helping to put it away and well... it broke], so we've been without one since then. Which is fine, but recently Emerson has developed a cough. And it always seems to be so much worse at night. I took him to the doctor just to make sure there was nothing was wrong. He's fine. But we needed a humidifier to help him at night. So Landon brought one home for him last night. An elephant to boot. Emerson was in love from the moment he saw the elephant on the box. Thank goodness for these guys. 

I wasn't left out of the gift giving either. I was treated to my favorite drink: white chocolate raspberry mocha. Oh, it was such a sweet little surprise and made the cold night all the sweeter and cozier. 


It's little surprises like these that brighten up my day. I never know when I'll get a fun surprise which makes them all the better. What a happy night.


2 comments:

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Coffee surprises are my favourite surprises. And, cookies.

kelseylynae said...

My favorite drink too! [Did you teach me about the raspberry? I don't remember]

And we have two of those humidifiers! I like them a lot. Just make sure you keep them off floor because we had Blythe's next to her crib on the floor for awhile and it doesn't work very well now. I contacted them and they wouldn't replace it. Bummer. We run humidifiers all winter here!