Tuesday, December 9, 2014

a little bit of cheer

On Sunday we hung out in the living room for a little bit, usually we play upstairs. Since the Christmas tree has been up Emerson has loved looking at it and ooooing and aahhhing overing it. Every morning when we come downstairs he points to it and then rushes over to it and waits for me to plug in the lights. He loves it. He also does a pretty good job of not touching all of the ornaments. Sometimes his little fingers will pluck a little ornament from the tree, but he just looks at it so closely and then gives it to me right away when I ask for it. Hopefully that continues to be the case? 

Anyhow, we were in the living room on Sunday and I looked over and saw him by the tree. Admiring. Glowing. Happy. My heart could burst [I know that's really cheesy and mommy like to say, but it's true]. I just love how much he loves Christmas already. What's even sweeter? Right now one of his three favorite current books is "The First Christmas". He asks to read it over and over. I love that he can already start to slightly understand the true meaning of Christmas and enjoy it without all of the "wanting". I hope we can instill that in him from an early age and he can look at it like that for years to come.  


I'm joining Amy and Jess for some 12 Days of Cheer! 




2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks so much for joining in! Christmas through the eyes of a child is so magical, isn't it?!

Alisha said...

LOVE this post, so true about watching it though their eyes... although, I have to say, I am a touch jealous that Emerson doesn't touch the tree... we have redecorated the tree every day since it has been up, lol. :)