Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas break, more baking, and crafting

It will be Christmas in less than one week! I am so excited. It seems like it has come so quickly this year!

Anyhow I thought I'd share five things because I like to, it's fun, and it allows me to be a little random.

one. My Christmas break started early this year. Wednesday Bee [the little girl I watch] didn't come over to play. Emerson had had a low fever the day before [that lasted all of two hours - I think it was due to teething as I saw the very beginnings of a little tooth poking out of his gum line after his bath] so her mom kept her home. And also because I think Bee's mama needed a mental health day. I feel like that is something most teachers want right before the end of the semester. I never took one, but I know of teacher friends who have. Then Bee got sick and stayed home both yesterday and today. Her mama told me she didn't want us to get sick before Christmas and traveling and visiting family and such. She is very thoughtful like that. So far, we are good.

two. Because of the unexpected days off Emerson and I have been hanging out and running a few errands. We went to the library on Wednesday, made a trip to Target [fun!], and stopped by the post office [not as fun]. It's been fun spending the day with just my little guy, even though I'm home with him other days, it feels different when it's just the two of us at home. I like those days.

three. I have officially started packing for our Christmas trip! At least one of us is nearly ready to go. Somehow, no matter how much I plan and try I always end up packing most of my things last minute. There's always that pair of jeans I need to wash right before we go or that top I want to take but also want to wear before it's backed up. Anyhow, I'm doing laundry right now so hopefully I'll be able to have most of my things packed up by tonight.

four. Tomorrow is another day of baking for me! And I can't wait. I'll be making some cookies and some Buckeyes. Buckeyes are my absolute favorite Christmas treat to make. I make them every year and it doesn't feel like Christmas without them. Growing up my sisters and I would help my mom make them, among other candies and cookies, but Buckeyes always have and always will be my favorite.

five. I have yet to do a Christmas craft with Emerson. I try to do at least one little craft for each holiday with him. I need to get a move on. There are several fun crafts I've seen, I'm not sure which one I'll end up doing, or if we'll do more than one. But that is one thing on my list that I do want to do before Christmas comes [and probably before we leave for our trip so that it's sure to be done].

-------
sorry for the lack of pictures this week -I'll do better next time ;)


I'm linking up here with Darci and some other sweet ladies.




 

No comments: