Friday, December 12, 2014

cupcakes, cookies, and cards : happy friday

Happy Friday! I thought I would link up with Darci and some other fun ladies today and share five [random] things! So I'll just get to it!

<one> 
This morning I took the minis to a Birthday party for Jesus. We have been visiting a new church and in their bulletin on Sunday there was a little thing about a party for mamas and their little ones. Landon had been encouraging me all week to go. So this morning, after saying lots of prayers, I loaded the minis into the car and off we went. I was a little apprehensive because they like to wander and play and explore. I was fearful they would have to sit still for even two minutes. They don't sit. But as it turned out they got to run around, play with all kinds of fun new toys, and even eat a cupcake to celebrate Jesus birthday! The moms there were nice and invited me to come back to another mommy thing they have. I just might try it again because this adventure turned out fairly successful. We even came away with a few crafts [kind of made by the minis].

<two> 
Tomorrow I'm going to be baking up some Christmas cookies! My friend Joy has never made Christmas cut out cookies before so I thought it would be fun to do together. The last few times we've gotten together we've made snickerdoodles, red velvet cookies, chocolate chip cookies, or something else. But I think she'll like the shapes and the decorating. Good sugar cookie recipes are welcome [along with icing recipes], there are so many to choose from! I'm going to have the dough made up before she comes over because I'm pretty sure the dough  has to chill for forever...

source : hopefully ours look as good! 


<three> 
In addition to cookie baking I hope to get all of our Christmas gifts wrapped this weekend. It's fun to do, but it takes some time, so I need to make sure to have it all done so I'm not rushed to get it all done while we're packing up and doing laundry before our trip.

<four> 
This week I did something I have been meaning to do for a very long time, I mailed some cards! I used to do that a lot more frequently, but as of late I have been slacking in the notecard writing department. On Monday I just decided to write some and sent them on their merry way. My goal is to write a card [or two] once every other week. It's completely doable. Right?


<five>
 I have noticed that as of late I've not been the greatest at taking pictures. So... I'm going to work on that. I'm better than I once was, but am still slacking a little bit. Especially when it comes to things I write about. I think it's largely due to the fact that I don't plan things out [like what I'm going to write about] and then by the time I sit down to write I'm either too lazy to take a picture or I just don't have one that works. Which means there is no picture or one from the internet [at least there's that...]. I'm going to try and do better. Planning and picture wise. tips?

Wishing you all a happy and cozy weekend! It's a merry time of year!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love your cookies!!! Can't wait to make my Christmas cookies :) Happy Friday
Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

Alisha said...

Have fun making cookies! Celebrating Jesus' birthday sounds fun too, so happy the littles did well! I am terrible at taking pictures too, and like you, I don't plan posts out really.... If you get any good tips and tricks let me know!