Tuesday, December 16, 2014

pretty packages tied up with ribbon

The other night I realized I needed to get our Christmas gifts wrapped, after all Christmas is just a little over a week away! So after Emerson went down for the night I pulled out my paper, bows, ribbon, boxes, and tissue paper and got wrapping. Apparently I was having a lot more fun than I realized because when I looked up at the clock it was 11 o'clock [hours past my bedtime], and I wasn't even finished. 


The next night I pulled the stuff off the couch where I stashed it for the day and got working again, determined that I would finish it all and that I would get to bed at a reasonable hour. With the exception of five gifts [four of which I don't have yet and one of which I discovered was broken and has to be exchanged] all of the gifts are wrapped. Hooray.


As I was sitting there wrapping the gifts and piling them under the tree it was a happy little moment. I feel like we didn't go overboard with gifts for Emerson [or each other for that matter], but I am excited for him to open the few things we did get for him: a set of books, a farm book, some fleece jackets [the boy keeps growing!], an ornament, and one fun alphabet magnet thing. I know he'll be so excited when he opens those books -all he "plays" with are books. And one has flaps and farm animals! Two of his favorite things. I know gifts are the reason for Christmas, but they sure are fun and I love that we get to lavish our mini with some fun things.

I'm joining Amy and Jess again for 12 days of Cheer - pretty packages are so fun and festive!


4 comments:

Danielle said...

I have the same adorable cupcake wrapping paper.

Alisha said...

Love it! I did the same thing last night, but didn't get nearly the number of packages wrapped that you did! :)

Callie Nicole said...

I love it! I am still trying to finish the wrapping around here. I am just trying to get rid of leftover wrapping paper from the last few years, so it's nothing fancy. I think I have three more packages to go!

Amy said...

That is what my Christmas cheer will be tomorrow! lol! I love your wrapping paper.