Wednesday, December 10, 2014

pretzel roll ham and cheese sandwich: a recipe

Usually for lunch I'm happy to have leftovers or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I could happily eat that every day. However when the hubs is home he likes to eat "real" food for each meal. Meaning a peanut butter and jelly sandwich just won't cut it [and also that won't work because he doesn't like peanut butter] for him. So I try to oblige when he's home for lunch and fix him some food. Enter one of our favorite sandwiches. 

Pretzel roll ham and cheese sandwiches. They are good. And so simple to fix. 


Ingredients: 
pretzel rolls [I've found that Sister Shubert's work the best]
deli ham
sliced provolone 

Directions: 
Cook the pretzel rolls according to package [unless yours are fresh/not frozen]. Cut rolls in half and place a few slices of ham on the bottom half of the roll. Top the ham with cheese. Cover the top half with cheese too. Place in the oven at 350 for 7 minutes. Turn off the oven and turn the broiler on. [if you want to skip a step or don't want a super hot sandwich just skip to putting it under the broiler, it will still be good :].  Watch for the cheese to bubble slightly and darken a tad, about two minutes [but really, it's so important to watch when you have something on the broiler... things can burn quickly in there, take it from me]. Put the halves together and enjoy your lunch! 

Tater tots make for a nice side, but so do more healthy options like fruit or something. 

If you try it, I'd love to know what you think!  




2 comments:

Alisha said...

Great post! I get so frusterated because on Tuesdays (my off day of work) my husband comes home for lunch which in his mind, he does to be nice, but gives me anxiety because I feel like I have to have a meal (I use that term pretty loosely) ready when he walks in the door to quick eat and see Alex. Totally buying this stuff for next week, he will love it!! Win-win!!

Amy said...

This looks so yummy, too! And simple!