Tuesday, January 13, 2015

a cozy weekend

We had a quiet and fun little weekend. And I did something I had only done once or twice before: I got a manicure. A friend invited me to hang out with her and some of her friends for her birthday on Sautrday night. Her invitation was to get pedicures, but as it is the middle of winter and I am the only one who sees my toes [and when I do see them it's only for a few minutes in the morning and at night before I put socks on or slip my feet under the covers] and I'm not crazy about having someone rubbing on my feet [I've gotten one pedicure, but wasn't crazy about someone rubbing on my feet and calves ... ] I opted for a manicure. It's fun to have pretty nails and since I do see my fingernails all day long, every day, I thought it's be the more sensible option. I'm glad I got it. I'm really loving the color too, so much so that I plan on buying it so I can paint my nails once this paint job goes away. I remember the color and am excited to spend some of my Christmas money on some pretty polish. 


Saturday morning I headed to the grocery store by my lonesome. It was kind of nice shopping without feeling like I had to rush around because at any given moment there was the potential for a little cranky mister to make himself known. When I got home I was greeted by a happy little guy who had obviously been enjoying his morning with his daddy. If you follow me on Instagram you might realize I'm doing some double dipping, but hey, I'm allowed, right? :) 

Saturday afternoon we cheered on the Cats and I tried a new recipe and made some bread for us to nibble on throughout the week. I'm pretty sure I took a nap somewhere in there too. It was nice.


Sunday morning we went to church and when we dropped Emerson off at the nursery, he just let the lady hold him and take him over to play with blocks or read books or something. He didn't cry, he didn't fuss, he just went like the sweet boy he is. He had been better about not crying when we drop him off at the nursery, but then there were a few weeks [months?] that he would scream when we dropped him off. Awesome. I have been praying that he would be happy to go play in the nursery and talking to him about it before we go to church. When I picked him up after the service I asked him if he had fun and he said, "yeah," and smiled so big. Then he waved and said, "byyyyee," to his nursery teacher. Too sweet! I asked him again after we left if he had fun and he said the same thing. Such an answer to prayer. And I am so glad that he had fun! Although, I am a little apprehensive about it, he's gotten used to this nursery teacher, and in a few weeks he's probably going to have to move up to the two year old classroom! yikes! After taking so long to like the nursery, I just want him to stay there where he's happy. Hopefully the change and transition will go smoothy. Although, I plan on waiting as long as possible to move him to the new classroom. 



Sunday afternoon was quiet, complete with naps, falling snow, and book reading. It was a nice way to end the week.

I hope you all had a fun weekend too and that your week is off to a good start :)


2 comments:

Kasey Sutgrey said...

That is a pretty color! And how nice that sounds to go grocery shopping alone!

Amy said...

Love the color you chose! So pretty! I'm glad you got out not once, but twice for some Mama time, even if the second time was grocery shopping. :)