Thursday, January 22, 2015

a lazy day

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes when there is a long list of things for me to do, I get nothing done. Take this afternoon for example, the munchkins are sleeping and I have time to get some things done around the house: clean the bathrooms, write a grocery list and menu for next week, pay bills, write a thank you, dust, put the dishes away... pretty much make our house clean and tidy for when my in-laws come to visit tomorrow evening. Even knowing that tomorrow I will have to bake and decorate a cake, pick up last minute things [because there are always last minute things], and sweep and mop the kitchen ... I let today's to-dos be put off for tomorrow [or at least until tonight]. Instead of taking advantage of the time I had to clean and prepare for their visit right now, I laid down on my bed and [maybe] slept for a little bit. I have done nothing productive today. And for the life of me I can't get my act together and actually do stuff.

So here I sit, sipping ice cold water, reading this and that blog or book, thinking about what I have to do and not doing it. I'm even dreading fixing dinner tonight, and it's nothing fancy. I just don't want to do anything. sheesh. I realize this makes me sound like an incredibly lazy person, and well, today I guess that's exactly what I am being. eh... I'm sure I'll get my act together in time to tidy up and fix dinner by tonight.

. . . and on a side note, we saw Baby this morning! Everything went well for the most part and I can't wait to share some happy news with you all later next week!



2 comments:

Alisha said...

It is okay to have lazy days every once in a while, but I always feel bad about having them.

Eek!! I am SO excited to hear how the appointment went today, I was thinking of you all day, sweet girl!

Amy said...

Lazy days are deserved. :) I had one or two this week, too.

Can't wait to hear about your appointment! Have a great weekend!