Thursday, January 8, 2015

baby bump #2 // 16 & 17 weeks

I may not have started taking bump pictures until a little bit later on this time around, sorry Baby, you're already being treated like second born and you're not even born yet. But I do intend to take pictures from here on out. There is something fun about looking back on a growing belly and thoughts and prayers that go along with it. So anyhow, I'll be doing some bump updates and I'm excited.  


16 Weeks 


How Far Along: 16 weeks! 

Size of Baby: An avocado 

Feeling: Pretty good. Still a little tired here and there and I still can't stay awake past 9 o'clock but apart from that, good. 

Cravings/Aversions: Mexican food of any kind just sounds terrible. We used to have Mexican at least once a week for dinner, not any more. I don't miss it a bit, but every week Landon asks if we can have it. ha. nope. Not me at least. But not really craving anything in particular. 

Clothing: My tops still fit for the most part, and some of my pants, but my belly is growing and I don't know how much longer I'll be able to squeeze into my jeans. 

Gender: We don't know yet, but find out in about a month :) I have a guess and I'm anxious to see if I'm right with this one like I was with Emerson. 

Nursery: This little babe will be sharing a room with Emerson, so I have been thinking of ways to create a nice shared space for the two of them. It's fun to think about and I can't wait until we can actually start to make some changes to the room. 

Best Moment This Week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at my doctor's appointment! And I think I felt the little button kick!

Looking Forward To: Feeling the little nugget wiggle and squirm around more and finding out if we're having another little boy or a sweet baby girl! 

Thoughts & Prayer: I continue to feel so very blessed by this little baby and am so thankful that we are adding to our family. I pray for you each and every day, Sweet Pea, I pray for your safety, health, growth, and development. I pray that you know you are loved and cared for always, and not just by us, but by Jesus. I am thankful for the blessing you already are to us! 


17 Weeks 

How Far Along: 17 weeks! 

Size of Baby: An onion!  

Feeling: Still feeling pretty good. I love crawling into bed each night and sleeping. Sometimes I still can't believe how extremely different this pregnancy is from mine with Emerson. Who knew you could actually feel good? And I by no means intend to rub in how well I've been feeling. I was as sick as ever with Emerson, I'm just reveling in the fact that I can be pregnant and not be laying on the bathroom floor for months on end. 

Cravings/Aversions: Still Mexican. Maybe one day I'll want it again? But not in the foreseeable future. I opened a thing of deli turkey today at lunch and nearly lost it. The smell was awful [which made me remember how I couldn't go to the deli counter at all when I was pregnant with Emerson for the smell... ugh.]. But I didn't and finished making lunch. 

Clothing: I feel like over night my favorite and best pair of jeans doesn't fit any more. I'm hoping it's really because of the baby and not because I'm just getting chubby all over. 

Gender: We find out in two weeks! We had to change the appointment date though... earlier this week the doctor's office called me to change it. I was so frustrated.
1. because my original appointment was on Martin Luther King Jr. Day - a day I didn't have to babysit [aka take off work]. 
2. because it was the day Landon turns in his big bad scary important test into his department. It was going to be our fun little celebration.  
3. because we now have to wait three whole extra days before we find out! 

Nursery: I've made a few big decisions and purchases for the kiddos bedroom, mostly for Emerson, but still. We are counting his new big boy bed and stuff as apart of his birthday gift, and since his birthday is coming up soon I wanted to have something for him to open. 

Best Moment This Week: May not be pregnancy related, but ... getting Emerson's stitches removed! 

Looking Forward To: Getting a manicure this weekend, a new friend invited me out for her birthday and they are getting manis/pedis. With a big push of encouragement from Landon I'm looking forward to spending some time with some girls! 

Thoughts & Prayer: This week, Sweet Pea, I have been praying for your health and that you make it to full term. I've been praying for a safe delivery and welcome into this world. I've been praying that you are a good sleeper and an efficient eater. I pray for you each day, Sweet Pea. I love you so much already, and am so glad you are making me your mama. 


4 comments:

Jessica said...

A manicure/pedicure sounds so good right now! My husband offered to watch Caleb so I could get one, but I am holding off for a bit (or until my belly is too big for me to bend over to do my nails, lol!) Enjoy it, Mama! You are looking great and so glad you have been getting some stuff done. I have so much to do, and it's freaking me out!!!

Tiffany said...

You are so cute! I love your hair like that!

Laura said...

You are adorable! Prayers for this sweet baby and patience as you wait to find out who's in there! :)

Amy said...

You are so cute! Have a great time with your new friend. I'm so excited for you!