Monday, January 19, 2015

baby bump #2 // 19 weeks

19 Weeks


How Far Along: 19 weeks! 

Size of Baby: A mango.  

Feeling: Apart from feeling sleepy all the time and falling asleep before my head even hits the pillow at night, I'm feeling pretty good. Oh, and congested. Not in a terrible I can't breathe unless I have my mouth wide open kind of congested, just well... stuffed up a bit. It's especially irritating when I'm reading books with Emerson. I just want to breathe and read at the same time. 

Cravings/Aversions: Starting to want more fruit; right now it's clementines -they are nature's version of gummy bears, and oh so yummy. Still not wanting Mexican food. And thankfully my want of all of the sweet foods all of the time is disappearing. So that's good. 

Clothing: For the most part I'm in all maternity clothes. Yoga pants, pajamas, and t-shirts still fit, but jeans and such is maternity. 

Gender: We find out on Thursday ... as long as this little snickerdoodle cooperates!     

Nursery: I still have ideas but that's probably where it will stay for a while. Right now we're just talking about and trying to figure out when to move Emerson into a big boy bed... we shall see. Thoughts? Suggestions? Have you done this before? Helpful advice for when time does come to move him? 

Best Moment This Week: Feeling baby kick and wiggle. Also, a trip to Target, it's the little things. 

Looking Forward To: Our ultrasound - so exciting! And also Emerson's birthday! And family visiting this upcoming weekend to celebrate Emerson's birthday ... and to find out the baby's gender! 

Thoughts & Prayer: I continue to pray for your health, development, and growth, Snickerdoodle. Every time I feel you wiggle around, I praise the Lord for creating you and blessing me with the gift of you. You have already brought such joy into our lives, I know that joy will only increase after you born. This weekend you helped me make some decorations for your brother's birthday cake, I don't remember my belly being quite as covered with sugar last year... Maybe it's time I should start wearing an apron when I'm in the kitchen. You get to help finish those decorations over the next few days and bake a cake! I'm just praying that I have enough energy to stay awake and actually get those things done, I feel like I am always sleepy with you around! I can't wait until one day when you actually get to help me make a cake and icing and all that good stuff. It's the best. I love you and I can't wait to see you in three days!! 


4 comments:

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

So close to the gender reveal, can't wait!!! And no advice here on the big boy bed, we are about to do the same transition over here! Xo

Alisha said...

I have not even thought of the transition to a big boy bed... ugh, so not emotionally there yet. LOL. Can't wait to hear if the baby is a boy or a girl!! Eek!

Amy said...

Thursday!! Yay! Cash is almost 3 & still in a crib. I'm thinking closer to his birthday we will switch. We should probably by him a big boy bed. Lol!

kelseylynae said...

Looking good. Can't wait to hear what you're having! As for moving to big bed-- don't make a big deal of it. Just go through normal routine, [like, if you read in chair then still read in chair and not on bed], then just say "And you get to sleep in this bed now." and lay him down. Tell him he can't get up unless you come get him and say good night like you normally do. [The biggest thing is teaching them to stay in the bed. We went straight to a huge bed and Blythe couldn't really get up and down herself so she never tried. And now that she can she knows not to so it was never an issue for us. Hope the transition goes flawlessly. It's a much bigger deal for you than it will be for him :)