Friday, January 23, 2015

from geese to grocery shopping. some random.

A few things for this weekend . . . 

1. A visit.  This weekend Landon's parents and youngest sister are coming in for a visit and to celebrate Emerson's birthday. I'm sure Emerson will love the extra and constant attention he gets when they come to visit. 

2.  Geese. This may sound strange, and it is a kind of odd thing to talk about, but there have been dozens of geese flying around our house lately. More like hundreds. It's insane. There's a pond within walking distance from our house and it seems like that is the hot spot for all of the geese. We drove past the pond the other day and geese were everywhere on and around that pond. It's nuts. I hate geese, but they are fascinating to watch from a safe and indoor distance. Emerson loves to watch them too and will run to the window and make a goose sound every time he sees them. 

3. Grocery shopping. My big chore for Saturday is always grocery shopping, it's my least favorite chore, but it must be done. Anyhow, usually I go to one store to do our shopping, but am now considering stopping at two stores. I'm not sure how I would go about doing it, make one trip to one store one day and the other store a different day? We shall see... If you shop at more than one store how do you go about doing it? 

4. Birthday cake. Wednesday was Emerson's birthday, but I knew that since his grandparents were coming in this weekend I would want to have a cake to eat with them too. And I couldn't let the boy not eat cake of any kind on his actual birthday or make the big cake a few days before everyone would eat it. So I made a tiny batch of cupcakes. I doubled a recipe I found for two cupcakes and turned out with five little cupcakes. It was perfect and so fun to make such a small batch. 

5. Speaking of cake... I finished Emerson's cake. It turned out a little differently than I planned, but it's I still like it. I had planned on one big cake and some cupcakes, the recipe I was using said there would be plenty... but there wasn't. So I went with cupcakes, Emerson said that's what he wanted. 

Anyhow, those are my random things for today... I hope you all have a happy weekend! 


Linking up with Darci and some other ladies here

2 comments:

Susannah said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your in laws!

Amy said...

Hope you had a great weekend! We leave about 10 to 15 minutes from the nearest grocery store, so we go on the same day. We shop at Wal-Mart first, then to aldi's, which I LOVE. I've gotten it down pretty good what Wal-mart has that Aldi's doesnt. And I'm shocked how expensive Wal-mart is getting. I'd rather go to Target but that's 20 minutes the other way & no Aldi's. Lol!