Friday, January 9, 2015

stitches, bandaids, school, and birthdays

I always enjoy sharing a little of this and that and today there is a lot of random going on for me. So I thought I would share five things for this Friday...

one. Emerson got his stitches taken out on Tuesday evening and he was amazing. God truly filled him with His peace and calm. After he woke up from his nap we went back to urgent care and thankfully didn't have to wait long at all. We got into the procedure room and he laid with me on the chair/table, just like he did when he got the stitches put in. While they cut the stitches off of his little chin he laid completely still, such an answer to prayer. As soon as they were done he was ready to run around the room like nothing had ever happened and was very happy to choose two stickers from the basket!

two. If you are looking for some bandaids for your munchkin, these bandages are the perfect. We tired the regular type and a few others but none of them held up to the toddler test. In the span of 20 minutes I went through at least a dozen bandaids, at which point I called it quits and decided to let him run free -until we got some better ones. The chin is a really tricky spot to keep a bandaid on, any exposed skin is hard on a toddler, but especially the chin. You know? Anyhow, Landon braved the sub-zero temperatures and went to the store to buy some much needed bandaids. I knew these were our last hope. Now they are the only ones we will use for him. He can't take them off as long as they are applied properly [read: no little bumps for him to pick at ... and they will find the bumps and pick pick pick]. Anyhow, we love them and Emerson loathes them. In fact, it's more of a chore to get a bandaid on him than it was for him to get stitches or have them removed. Who would have thought....


three. Emerson's birthday is coming up [all too soon!] and I'm trying to figure out what to do for his cake this year. I have a theme running around in my head, but I'm trying to narrow it down and figure out exactly what I want his cake to look like. We're not going to have a big party or anything, just the three of us and then we'll celebrate a little more with Landon's parents and one of his sisters the a few days later. No big decorations or anything, I like to keep it simple, but I do want to do something.


four. Landon has a big test coming up next weekend. He has been studying for over a month for this test and that's all he's been doing day and night. Passing this test will make him an official PhD student and allow him to finish his program. It's a pretty big deal. He takes it next weekend; he'll pick the test up on Friday evening and will have until Monday morning to work on it. It's going to be a terribly long weekend with late nights and little sleep. I know it will be such a relief for him when it is over! Us too!

five. One of my friends recently asked me if I would want to do the 100 Days or Real Food challenge with her or at least keep her accountable. I agreed to keep her accountable when she first asked me and the more I looked into it I decided to take the challenge with her. As I continued to read about it, the more excited I became about it and am looking forward to starting next week. I grew up eating mostly fresh foods: fruits and veggies from our garden, eggs from our chicken coop, and chicken too for that matter. I took for granted the freshness of everything we ate, and am excited to get back to eating wholesome, healthy, and fresh foods again. It's a process so I like that we can gradually change our eating habits.

Anyhow, that's what's going on in these parts. I'm linking up with Christina and a few other fun ladies   here today!


3 comments:

Living Out of Wedlock said...

What a little champ, I would have been crying! Lol I will keep these band-aids in mind because we go through so many when someone needs them!

Alisha said...

I love those band-aids too. Totally worth the extra money. I can't believe how brave Emerson was! My goodness!

kelseylynae said...

Was Landn's test last weekend or this weekend?! Wow. Big deal. I told Brent he was taking it and Brent said, "He's so smart!" Yep. :) Also you look fabulous in your bump pictures! Grow, baby, grow!