Wednesday, February 11, 2015

a morning out

This morning as I was getting ready for the day I got a text. I'm not one to get a lot of texts to begin with, and certainly not at seven in the morning. Before I even checked it I knew it was from Bee's mom. She told me Bee had been having some tummy troubles last night and this morning and she was going to stay home. On Monday Bee had some tummy troubles during her nap time and yesterday things didn't seem quite right either. She wasn't acting cranky, but something was off a little. I told her mom about it when she picked her up that afternoon and they kept a close eye on her at home.

While it's sad that Bee is feeling a little sick and had to stay home, Emerson and I took advantage of our day off. We had a quiet start to the morning and then went to run an errand at the store and headed to the library for story time. I've taken both munchkins before and have decided it's not worth it. But since it was just me and the little guy I thought it might be a fun thing for us to do together. We sat and listened to a few stories and songs then made a little Valentine's Day craft. Afterwards Emerson ran around the aisles and aisles of books in the children's department at the library, stopping every now and then to pick a book off the shelf. He played with some of the blocks and toys that were available and was distraught when I told him it was time to go home. Boy did not want to leave.


We made one quick stop on our way home and then since we were kind of close to a Starbucks I thought I'd see how long the line was and maybe get a myself a little treat. Typically, the line of cars at the closest Starbucks to our house is so long it's wrapped around the building. It's ridiculous. And usually the parking lot is full as well ... at least on the days I drive by to see if I want/need a drink. This morning, there was only one car before me by the time I pulled up to the little order box place. I got myself a little drink and then we headed home to have lunch with Landon and to show him all of the books Emerson checked out at the library.

It's not much, I know, but getting out of the house this morning was a breath of fresh air. It was so nice to be able to go out and enjoy the morning with Emerson. It was a happy little morning and one I want to remember.



5 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like the perfect morning! Hope Bee is feeling better!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Such a sweet morning - glad things worked out!

Jessica said...

We tried the library once...And it did not go well. Hearing that you and Emerson had such a good time makes me want to try again though! So glad that you and your little man got to have a sweet little morning together. It's always good to remember little times like those:)

Alisha said...

I LOVE the library with Alex - it is always such a fun time. Although, then he usually throws a fit when it is time to leave. Those little moments are the best!

tina bumblebee said...

What a cute morning! I've been debating signing up for a library with Lyla but I'm so afraid that the books will somehow be destroyed in my house haha So we go hangout at bookstores a lot instead. But once she is older I'll be so excited to take her!