Thursday, February 19, 2015

cranberry white chocolate chip cookies : a recipe

Baking is one of those things that just makes me happy. Bread, cookies, cake ... anything. I love mixing the ingredients together and I love the smell that dances through the house as the cookies/bread/cake bake away in the oven. One of Landon's favorite cookies are cranberry white chocolate chip cookies. One of my favorite things about making them? I can roll the dough into little balls and freeze the dough for those days I just need a cookie -or two. I was first introduced to these yummy little treats by my mother-in-law who brought them with her on one of her visits to our house. We were very thankful and our lives were forever changed. Since I can't bring you a plate of freshly baked cookies I thought I'd at least share they yummy recipe with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! 

Ingredients: 
3/4 cup shortening or butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions: 
Beat shortening and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together. Stir in oats, cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Drop teaspoon size balls onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 fro 10-12 minutes.

*makes about 3 dozen cookies




2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh golly! Those look delicious!

tina bumblebee said...

These look so good!