Friday, February 27, 2015

spring? worry, lists, and projects

Happy Friday to you! I feel like this week has gone by so quickly, not that I'm complaining. As usual, I like to share five things on Friday because it's fun and I like it, so here goes...

one || I know it's still February, but I am ready for Spring. Thankfully March is only days away and once it's March it's basically Spring, right? At least I'll feel like I can justify bringing out some light and spring like colors around the house to lighten things up a bit.


two || I've started to think about [and worry about] things that I can't control. Mostly, when it's time for baby #2 to come. Will he come on a day of his choosing? Will he wait until the [probably] scheduled cesarean? My worry isn't so much about baby, but about Emerson: where will he go? will we have to wake him up in the middle of the night to take him somewhere? where will that be? how long before Landon's family will be able to come in? will he be strapped into his carseat the right way? not be give junk food to eat? will his daily routine be followed? I know I shouldn't worry about these things, and I know he will be fine. But there is still that little part of me that just can't help but think about those things.

three || Along with the worry comes the thought of lists and things that need to be done before baby comes: a list/letter for whoever is watching Emerson -what his day looks like, allergies, and whatnot. A packing list for all of us. Actually packing bags. Washing baby clothes and finding space in Emerson's room for them to go. All of the things that need to be done. Suddenly it's hit me and the mere thought of it is overwhelming. Good thing I like lists. And planning.

four || The past few nights I've been able to work on one of my sewing projects. It has been so nice and so much fun to have a project to work on! After cutting the pieces and doing some more ironing [the only time I probably ever iron is if I'm sewing something, and even then I try and figure out a way to get around it...] I've been sewing right along! I'm hoping that by tomorrow my first project will be finished and I can start on the next one. But since I've really only been able to sew after the little man goes to bed at night, it's slow going. Still, it's fun and it gives me something to look forward to ... and it helps me stay awake past 8 o'clock. I can't wait to share the finished product with you all -hopefully next week sometime!



five || Once again, I'm trying to get a little bit more routine into our days. I mean, we have a basic routine. And when I say 'we' I mean me, little man, and Bee. Routine: Bee comes, we play/read/run around/build towers/read some more/do puzzles/dance/listen to muisc all morning, sometimes do a 'craft', eat lunch, nap, Bee goes home [most days], or they play a little bit longer and then she goes home. When the weather was nicer we would go for walks in the morning and play at the park for a while. It was so nice! But I'm just struggling to add in something else to our day. I shouldn't, but I am. Do we color every morning? Do we do something else? I'd like to have a little something extra [else] to do with the munchkins, but I plain out of ideas. Thoughts and suggestions are most welcome! Thank you in advance.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend and have a Happy Sunday welcoming March!



linking up here with Darci and other fun ladies



and here with Andrea. 



8 comments:

Courtney said...

I keep putting off thinking about what we'll do with Abigail when Mabel comes. I won't be induced- therefore capable of planning. I won't think about it because I start getting super stressed. I think I'll have to make like 5 potential plans lol. Maybe I'll think about it in may :p

Allison @ Texas Mrs. said...

I got a sewing machine for Christmas and cannot wait to use it! I just need to look at some tutorials before jumping in! I saw something on Pinterest about making your own maxi skirt. That sounds so fun!

Lauren said...

Oh I'm so ready for Spring! I'm struggling at keeping Elyse entertained without resorting to tv...and let's be honest, sometimes I cave into that and we sit and enjoy a movie or a show together. It's truly the only time I get to cuddle with her and the moments go by so fast!

Jessica said...

I'm with you on the anxiety and worries, sweet girl! I find my brain racing with all kinds of thoughts at all times of the day. My to do lists are everywhere. And it's driving me crazy that it seems like such slow-going in getting the items checked off. Ugh. Hopefully we can both make some good progress before these bebes arrive!:)

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Oh girl, I feel your worry!!! At least we are all in this together!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

Stopping by from the linkup. Try not to worry too much about baby #2's arrival. It will all fall into place. I promise!!! Enjoy your weekend!

Amy said...

Aww. Sorry sweet girl that you are having worrisome days. My advice would be to start making lists as you think of them. When something pops into your mind, quick write it down.

What projects are you working on??

kelseylynae said...

My suggestion would be to schedule one or two times for E to go with whomever would watch him of Landon's parents aren't there when baby comes. Then he would be a little more comfortable with it, and then you have the chance to process it now instead of when you're laying in a hospital bed (though trust me... You won't really worry about him then. I know it seems impossible but it's true! But still a trial run may be nice for you both.)