Monday, March 2, 2015

baby bump #2 // 25 weeks



Dear Baby Boy, 

This week you are the size of a cauliflower! Holy cow, you just keep getting bigger and bigger. It's okay though; I love that you are growing so much these days and know that you still have quite a lot of growing to do!

This week we've done a little of this and that, but not too much. We pretty much stick to a basic routine and that's how our days go: playing, reading, coloring, fixing meals, cleaning up, grocery shopping ... you know, exciting stuff. I've been working on a few projects over the past few weeks now and one is finished! I've been sewing a bag and finally managed to sew up the last few parts of it the other day. My next sewing project is a bag for your brother that he can take with him if he needs to when we are at the hospital with you. I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish that one, but hopefully not forever! I'm still slowing working on our blanket; it's growing, just like you and I'm only hoping to have it finished before you make your arrival in a few months. 

We welcomed March the other day, with at least a foot of snow. Hopefully it melts by June :) Just kidding... but not really. This should be a fun month for us: there are lots of birthdays [your daddy's big birthday is coming up soon!], Spring Break, and a doctor's appointment and another ultrasound to name a few things [eh, most of the things]. I am so looking forward to seeing you again at the ultrasound. We didn't get to see your brother after his anatomy scan around 20 weeks, but we get to see you again! I'm choosing to see the positive side of this scan as the real reason for it is to check the partial placenta previa, and juts trusting that everything has moved and is where it's supposed to be now. We shall see in about three more weeks. 

I've been feeling pretty good, still sleepy here and there, and it is more of a challenge for me to sit on the floor and get up with ease. There's been a little bit of lower back pain, but I think that was from being hunched over the sewing machine for too long one afternoon. You are a wiggly little fellow. A few nights ago you were pretty excited about something and were having a little party in my belly. You are a mover, but that night you were none stop, so much so that you kept me up during the night. I loved feeling you squirm around to your heart's content. I love feeling you each and every time you wiggle around. This isn't necessarily related to how I'm feeling, but my hair is all sorts of crazy. It's not curling as well as it used to and it's mostly just 'bleh' I'm not sure what to do abut it. But having crazy/unpredictable hair does affect one's mood more than you might think. Anyhow... 

I am ever so thankful for you and you are already a wonderful gift and blessing in our lives. I pray for and over you daily, for health, protection, development, and that you will know how much we love you and how much your Father loves you - and that you will love Him too. Keep growing and moving baby boy! 

Love, 
Mama 

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I will be praying that your placenta moves on over, sweet girl! Both mine and a friend of mine who had a partial pp as well had ours move, so I'm sure yours will too:) Loving your bump updates! The time is just flying now!

Courtney said...

You look FABULOUS!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

You look so cute!!! And love these letters!! :)

Callie Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, your belly is too cute! You look great!

Courtney B said...

Look at you!! You look amazing! The weeks are flying by for me (I hope they are for you as well, ha ha!)
I can't get over the crazy amounts of snow everyone is getting! I hope it warms up for you soon!