Monday, March 9, 2015

baby bump #2 // 26 weeks


Dear Baby Boy, 

Today we are 26 weeks along and you are the size of a head of lettuce, you're just getting so very big! Someone pointed out to me the other day, that if you take after your brother, you will be here in ten weeks! Ten weeks! Crazy. If you decide to stay put a little bit longer than your brother did that would be fine too, just so long as you are healthy whenever you do decide to come join us is all that matters to me. In addition to all of your growing, you've been wiggling around a lot, and because you're getting so much bigger I can see you move every now and again. I love every little wiggle and every time I actually see you moving around in there I am completely amazed at how you are growing and your little wonderful life. 

I'm still feeling pretty good. My lower back has been hurting a lot lately, I don't know if it's due to the pregnancy, sitting on the floor so much with your brother, a combination of the two, or if I just slept/sat/did something just the wrong way. So now it just hurts. I seem to remember lower back pain when I was pregnant before too, though most towards the end of the pregnancy, maybe it's just how I carry you babies? The other day we went grocery shopping and I almost lost my breakfast -right there in the middle of the store. I walked past two butchers and one of them was wearing his work apron out in the store where people [and pregnant ladies] can see him. He was covered in nastiness and I saw him before I could unsee him. I had to stare at the tea selection for much longer than I would have cared to and even then that image kept coming back to me. Thankfully, I didn't lose my breakfast and was able to finish shopping without asking for a clean up on aisle 4. 

Anyhow... In other news I cleaned out the basement closet this weekend. I packed up all of the baby things your Auntie Celeste had loaned us and sent it back her way. Now she can use it for her baby! And I must say, I love that the closet is cleaned out and better organized. There are a few things I want to fix/change in it, but for the most part it's good and it can stay that way for a while and I'd be fine with it. The only chore left to be done is take out empty boxes. After sending the baby things back to your Auntie, there are a few baby things we'll have to get for you now that we don't have those items any longer. Oh well ... I'm not too worried about it. 

You are a sweet little one and I love you so much already. I pray for you each and every day, throughout the day. One of my prayers is that you will grow in the Lord's strength and wisdom. You are a joy and we can't wait to meet you, but until then, keep growing! 

Love, 
Mama 


2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are looking great, Mama! So glad you managed to avoid a clean up on aisle 4 situation. Eeeek! And you are not alone in the back pain. Ugh. Some mornings I don't think I'll be able to get out of bed because it hurts so bad! I didn't realize Emerson was early. Caleb was too - 37 weeks. While I don't mind going to 40 this time, I also wouldn't be super sad to deliver again at 37 (as long as baby's healthy). I'm ready!

Lauren said...

Ughh...sitting on the floor with Elyse was killer for my back during Nora's pregnancy! I totally feel your pain!