Monday, March 16, 2015

baby bump #2 // 27 weeks


I like to be able to look back at the 'stats' for baby and me during pregnancy, so this week I thought I'd share a little more update like and less letter like. 

How Far Along: 27 weeks! 

Size of Baby: A rutabaga or head of cauliflower. And I feel it. I know we still a ways to go before baby gets here, but my goodness I already feel huge! 

Feeling: Still feeling pretty good. Sometimes I feel more tired than others and I just want to sleep all the day long, but I always manage to roll out of bed in the morning and get through the day without falling asleep before 8 at night . . . most of the time . . . Sometimes I'll have some lower back pain or my legs will hurt, but it's nothing big and generally I feel fine.  

Cravings/Aversions: I can't really think of any foods that 'I have to have now'. Though I do enjoy some ice-cream a few nights a week, if there's any in the house, and there is since I bought some the other day. Probably not the smartest thing for me to do. But this is nothing new, I've always liked ice-cream. Aversions - None really. So that's nice. 

Clothing: Maternity pants and tops are the most comfortable so that's pretty much what I wear. My cardigans and sweaters are regular, but they don't zip or button up any more! And it's a good thing the cold weather is nearly behind us because my coat will not zip up. Well, it can but it's new and I would like it to last at least a decade, so I don't want to take a chance and zip it up and then have the zipper break. Also, I have to suck in to do that, and it's just plain uncomfortable. Pajamas still fit, I just stretch my regular pj tops out. Though, I am wondering what I wore for pajamas the last time because right now, I'm not sure I'll make it to 40 weeks in my regular t-shirts. 

Gender: Baby boy. A little brother for our little guy. 

Best Moment This Week: Humm. Well, I had a pretty wonderful Saturday and yesterday we went to  a little friend's birthday party, Emerson loved it and was so sad to leave. Also, we went on a walk and stayed and played at the park this morning!! So, that was pretty amazing. I love the sunshine. 

Looking Forward To: My doctor's appointment this Friday! I always look forward to those appointments, I love hearing the heartbeat and just hearing that everything is good ... and I'm hoping that I hear the same this week. Though this is a big appointment. I'm doing the glucose test [and am praying that everything comes back good and normal] before I see the doctor on Friday. And I'm having an ultrasound done. We already had our anatomy scan, but I have to go back for a follow up ultrasound because during that scan they discovered I have partial placenta previa. They assured me the placenta nearly always moves up like it's supposed to, but they have to cheek just to make sure. I'm not too worried about it [maybe I should be?], and look at the second ultrasound as an opportunity to see our little peanut again. So this visit will be full of exciting things! Also, Spring Break is next week, so that's pretty exciting.  

Thoughts & Prayer: A week or so ago I pulled out a box of tiny baby clothes, they are sitting in your soon to be shared closet waiting to be washed and put away. I think the only reason I haven't already done that is because I know it means I'm going to have to figure out a new way to organize your brother's clothes, since you'll be sharing a dresser and all. So... I'll just hold off on that a tad longer. Don't worry though, you will have clean clothes to wear once you get here. Also, you have had the hiccups! I didn't realize what this was at first, I really don't think your brother had the hiccups while I was pregnant with him [though maybe he did and I just didn't realize what it was?], but then I was reading something and I thought, "yes! that's it!" So now, I'm looking forward to the next time you have the hiccups, even though I know they are oh so annoying when you actually have them. I am so looking forward to seeing you again on Friday! I know it won't be too much longer until you are here and I get to see you all the time, but I'm glad I have an opportunity to see you again before you make your big arrival. You are loved, little boy, and you are showered with prayers already. Oh, how I pray that you know your Savior and His love for you and that you seek and obey Him always. I love you. 

- Mama 



2 comments:

Lauren said...

ughh...the glucose test! I failed with Elyse, but passed with Nora...so I'm sending good vibes your way!

I also had partial placenta previa and everything worked itself out on its own. But what a great excuse to see your baby boy again!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

You look beautiful! XOXO I hope your glucose test goes well!