Tuesday, March 24, 2015

baby bump #2 // 28 weeks


Yesterday we went on a little trip to the zoo and Emerson napped on the way home so once we got back there was no opportunity to share the baby bump for this week. I'll share more about our zoo trip another day, but I do want to to share a little baby bump though, so here it is, one day late . . . 

How Far Along: 28 weeks! 

Size of Baby: An eggplant. And it feels like it!

Feeling: I'm still feeling pretty good and I really can't complain about anything. Sometimes I'll feel pretty tired or will have a sharp pain in my leg, or my lower back will hurt a little bit. But in general I feel good and am so thankful! Sleeping is getting a little more uncomfortable. I start out on one side but then after a while the side I'm laying on will start hurting so I'll flip over and pretty much that's how the whole night goes. Lots of feeling sore and flipping. But I'm still able to sleep so that's good at least.  

Cravings/Aversions: There aren't many things that I feel like I'm craving. I pretty much eat the same as always. Some of my favorites include fruit, yogurt, granola, cheese and crackers, and sweets. But that's nothing new. 

Clothing: Pretty much all maternity clothes for what I wear around in the day: jeans and t-shirts. Cardigans, jackets, and pajamas are all still the regular stuff -without being buttoned or zipped up. 

Gender: Boy! 

Best Moment This Week: Seeing and hearing baby at the doctor's appointment on Friday. Baby is much bigger than last time and his face even looks a little chubby.   

Looking Forward To: Spring Break Week! So, this week. And not having anything I have to do and just spending time with my little man. 

Thoughts & Prayer: I get to see you again in another ultrasound, so that will be fun and something to look forward to. They checked the low lying placenta and it hadn't moved at all from the last appointment. It took them a long time to find what they were looking for, thankfully I had just seen baby wiggling around and could still feel him, but after it took so long for them to find it I figured it wasn't good. It wasn't. So in six weeks I'll get to see your little face again and they're even going to measure you! My doctor doesn't seem at all concerned about the placenta not moving, and is confident that it will move within the next six weeks. I'm not too worried about it, but I guess we'll find out. I found out that I passed the glucose test yesterday too. So I'm pretty happy about that. I thought for sure I would get some not so great results, so praise the Lord for answering that prayer! I love you so much little peanut! Stay healthy and keep growing. I pray that you are safe and getting everything you need. I pray too that you will know the love of our Savior from early on and that you will always feel loved -by us and by Jesus too. You are such a gift and we love you so much already. 

- Mama 


6 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sorry to hear that your placenta still hasn't moved, sweet girl - but don't worry! It's still got plenty of time to get out of the way, and if it doesn't, well, that's what c-sections are for. Praise God that we have that option now! Welcome to third trimester! The time is flying now, am I right? Your family of three will be a family of four before you know it!

Amy said...

Happy 3rd trimester! I go in for my 16 week appointment today. I'm so excited. Cash is coming with me, so that should be interesting. :)

Give me all the yogurt, granola & fresh strawberries!

Lauren said...

yay for passing your glucose test! and prayers your way for that placenta to get to moving!

Enjoy your spring break!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Happy third trimester!!! You are looking adorable!

Kasey Sutgrey said...

Almost there! You look great and praying for you and the placenta issue. I am sure it will all work out!

Alisha said...

You look seriously adorable... and in your third trimester already, how exciting! Where did the time go. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.