Monday, March 30, 2015

baby bump #2 // 29 weeks


How Far Along: 29 weeks! 

Size of Baby: An acorn squash: 2.5 - 3.8 pounds! 

Feeling: I'm still feeling pretty good. Occasionally I'll have a few little cramps, but I'm thinking that's because the baby is growing so much these days, and they never last for long. The energy that I have been lacking for the past few months seems to be reappearing, at least for a little bit. I've been able to stay up later than I have in a while and watch some of the late night basketball games with Landon, which is nice. Though, I think the tired spells come and go because some afternoons all I'll want to do is sleep, and then the next day I'm fine or that same night even I'm able to stay up a little later because I'm not too sleepy. But in general, I feel good and really can't complain. 

Cravings/Aversions: Granny Smith apples have been sounding amazing to me. Those and sparkling flavored water. I always drink water and will very rarely drink something different. But this week while I was grocery shopping I saw a bottle of strawberry kiwi sparkling water [on sale] and I had to have it. I wish I would have gotten more of them because it was amazing and now it's gone and that mades me sad. 

Clothing: Still the same: maternity pants and tops. At night I stretch my old pajama shirt as much as I can to fit over my belly, but it's getting harder to do that these days. I'm really trying to wear what I have maternity wise and not buy any other maternity tops, since I know I only have a few more months to go. But, we'll see. The weather has been getting a tiny bit nicer and teasing us with the sun poking out from behind the clouds so I know before too long [hopefully] my long sleeve shirts will be too warm to wear. I'm pretty sure I can make it the rest of the time with the same old clothes I'm wearing now though. 

Gender: Baby boy! 

Best Moment This Week: Spending lots of time with family and seeing some friends. Having a whole week off was amazing and I loved every single minute of it! Being at home with just Emerson and even having some time with a non-studying Landon. Basically the whole week was wonderful and I would love to have every week be just like last week.     

Looking Forward To: This upcoming weekend is a long weekend, thanks to Easter, so I'll have Friday and Monday off, which makes my heart happy. ...it would be nice if it could be another week or two away from this one since we just had Spring Break, but I'm not going to complain, they are days off! 

Thoughts & Prayer: There is so much to do to get ready for you! I feel like all of the sudden it's hit me that you are going to be here in 11 weeks [or less] and I have realized that I'm really only thought about doing most of the things I need to to prepare for your arrival. I really need to do them. Get diapers, wash clothes, fix your bed, do some rearranging in your soon to be shared bedroom, buy some baby things that we need new for you, get a baby book for you [and finish filling out your big brother's baby book!]. Lots of things. Thankfully I do still have some time before it all needs to get done, and I'm sure it will get finished by when it needs to be. Including choosing your name :) 

I love you little bean, and I pray that you are safe and healthy. You are a blessing to us already and I know that we will love you so much more after you get here. Keep growing!  
- Mama 


3 comments:

Courtney said...

Almost into the big 30's!! Crazy!!! And yeah, I'm finally washing all of her sheets/blankets/clothes today because I got to thinking about how I have nothing ready for Mabel's arrival ;)

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

haha yes having the to do list isn't the same as crossing them off! I learned that when Aria arrived early. I had just made out a super detailed list with time guides and everything - then she came a week or so later.

Kasey Sutgrey said...

You're reaching the home stretch! Good thing you are craving healthy stuff!