Friday, March 13, 2015

birthdays, photo books, and swimming

Some [five] things for this day ...

one. photo book.  Last year I made a photo book for Emerson's birthday/first year of his. My intention is to make a photo book for him each year. I try to make a photo book for us as a family each Christmas too, but that didn't happen this past year. Anyhow, I know it's something I want to make and plan to put together. I just have yet to upload the pictures and put the book together. And I know I need to get it done sooner rather than later because before too long it will be the last thing on my mind and I want to make sure to have a photo book for my little man.

two. a happy birthday. Landon's birthday is coming up and there are a few things he's requested and a few things he hasn't, but is getting anyway. ha. I'm super excited to give him one of the gifts and I already ordered it! One of the other things I would like to get for his birthday is a photo book. Instead of giving it to him at Christmas like I usually do, I would just give it to him for his birthday... But I'm not sure that's going to happen in time for his birthday. Maybe Father's Day?



three. birthday cake. In honor of Landon's upcoming birthday I asked him what cake or desert he wants me to make for him. He's still deciding but I'm glad that he's taking his time and I'm hoping he chooses something yummy!

four. boys day. Tomorrow Landon and Emerson are going to spend the whole day together. I probably won't even see the little man when he wakes up in the morning, which makes me a little sad, but I know that they will have fun together. Landon shared his big plans to take Emerson swimming tomorrow morning. I'm sure they'll do all kinds of other fun things, but I do wish I could go swimming too...


at least they're not going to the beach without me . . . 

five. girls night. The girls in the small group we've been going to invited me to dinner/girls night out. And it will be a night out, we aren't even meeting for dinner until 8 tonight! Holy moly, that's so late. And saying that makes me feel super old because that used to be an incredibly common time to call someone up and say, "Hey, you wanna go do something?" But now? I'm just hoping I don't fall asleep while we are out and about. We're going to have dinner at a Thai restaurant though, so that is a little extra incentive for me to stay awake. Goodness I love me some good Thai food and I am so looking forward to the meal I'm planning on getting tonight!

linking up here and here!


4 comments:

Courtney said...

That cake looks soooo good. And lol yes! Starting your night out at 8 IS late!

Lauren said...

have fun with your night out...you could always take a quick nap before 8! ha!

And man, I really wanted to do photo books for my girls too...I have books from Elyse's 1st & 2nd birthday parties, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep that up forever!

Amy said...

That cake looks yummy! How was their guys day?? How sweet is that? !

Amy said...

That cake looks yummy! How was their guys day?? How sweet is that? !