Friday, March 20, 2015

doctors, cake, and nail polish [five on friday]

The last few days have been filled with . . . life. But I wanted to join in on Friday and share five things, because it's just fun to do that! :)

one. doctor's appointment. Today I have a doctor's appointment, and it's a big one too. They are doing the glucose test and they are doing an ultrasound to check the partial placenta previa as well. I'm praying that everything looks good, if you think of it I would appreciate a prayer or two from you as well. I'm looking forward to not only hearing baby but seeing our jelly bean and am hoping and praying it's a good appointment!

two. hubby's birthday. This weekend we are celebrating Landon's birthday! I made his birthday cake the other day so we could enjoy it a little bit early, at his request of course. I used this recipe and just made a few changes; it turned out really well! Landon even said it was the best carrot cakes I've made. And tonight we'll give him a few gifts early, mostly because I'm too impatient to wait for his actual birthday and also because we won't be at home on his birthday to celebrate. Not that he minds, he'll be in his happy place: watching basketball. all. day. long.


three. spring break. Next week is Spring Break and I am so excited! I love the simple and quiet days of just me and the little man. Those days are rare already and I know they will be even fewer here soon, so I plan to cherish each and everyone of them that I get.


four. nail polish. I've been looking for the "perfect" pink nail polish for a while now. I feel like pink is such a hard shade to find. It can't be too bright and pinky or too soft and pale. If it is I feel like it's a waste of time painting my nails since the color is so pale. Then sometimes I run into the problem of it not going on very well - having 'spots' on my nails. Please tell me you know what I'm mean. And if you have a suggestion to the perfect pink, I just might love you forever. So anyhow, among many of the things currently on my mind, that is one of them. Problems, I tell ya.  

five. I can't really think of a fifth thing for today, so I'll stop here and call it good :) I hope you all have a fun weekend!

I'm linking up with some sweet ladies here and here today.




9 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! I totally agree about finding the perfect pink. It's so difficult.

What do you & Emerson have planned for next week??

Brittany said...

Your little boy is so cute! Enjoy your spring break with him! :)

tina bumblebee said...

Carrot coconut cake?! Oh my god gimme!!!!

Jessica said...

Thinking about you and hoping that you get good news at your doctor appointment tomorrow, sweet girl! I'm sure you will!:) And, I love Essie Fiji and Essie Ballet Slippers - those are my go to's for pink shades. They are light, pale pinks, but are definitely noticeable on your nails. However, they are still light enough that if it chips, it's not totally obvious (which is important to me because I am so hard on my nails!)

Courtney said...

Good luck at your appointment! Enjoy seeing that precious face again!! :)

Callie Nicole said...

I just got a matte pink shade from Essie - I think it has the word "stitches" in the title - I like it! The only thing is that I think it chips easier, so you might need a base coat.

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

I hope the appt went well! And good luck on the pink nail polish hunt. I'm having trouble finding a red. Mine ran out and it was old enough that I have no idea what name it had.

Alisha said...

The perfect pink is so hard to find. I have a few at home that are okay, but nothing than I am obsessed with.

Happy birthday to your hubby!

Susannah said...

How did your doctor's appointment go? I hope everything is perfect with you and the little one!