Friday, March 27, 2015

socks, slippers, and spring things

one. socks. I love socks. It might be a little problem. If I'm out and I see a cute pair of socks on clearance for seventy-five cents, you can bettcha I'm probably going to get them, even if I already have a drawer full of socks. The way I look at it, if I have to wear socks all fall and winter long, I might as well be putting some cute ones on my feet. It's happy to have fun socks to wear when you want to add a little happy to your life. How can a pair of happy socks not make you smile? They can't I was wearing one of my favorite paris a while back and one of Landon's friends noticed my little gnome socks, smiled, and commented on them. A guy would could care less about socks. I'm telling you, socks are awesome.

two. slippers. In addition to my love of socks, I also love a good pair of slippers. I've had a few favorite pairs in the past, but slippers don't have long lives when they are with me; I wear them out. There was one pair of slippers I had that lasted me two or three years, they were from LL Bean I think, and I loved them. But then they got old and worn and were falling apart. I should probably go for the the nicer more expensive pair of slippers when I buy them, but that just doesn't always happen. I got a new pair around Christmas and they just weren't doing it for me. I wasn't on the look out of a new pair of slippers but . . .  the other day [the same day I stumbled across a pair of super cute socks I mentioned above] I also happened to find a very comfy and soft looking pair of slippers for three dollars. What?! So I got them and my feet couldn't be happier. There is just something about having a good slipper. You know?

the above mentioned socks and slippers :) 

three. registering. A few weeks ago I got a coupon from Target for a free $20 gift card if/when I start a new registry. I wasn't planning on registering this time around, but who am I to turn down free money?  So for a few weeks that had been something I'd been meaning to do, but just hadn't gotten around to actually doing. Then they other day I looked at the coupon and saw that it had just expired! Ah! I quickly made a registry and then went to the store and begged them to please still honor the coupon even though it had expired. They did! Another reason why I love that store. Plus, I do need the things I put on the registry, so it will be nice to have that gift card and the completion coupon they send you towards the end of your pregnancy.

four. spring break. It's been such a good break, I'm sad to see the end of it. I really don't think I can go back to working and chasing two speedy little people around the house all day. I like these quiet days where I can at least get a few things done and enjoy my little helper running around.


five. spring clothes. The weather is still on the cooler side around here. So much cooler that it snowed this morning. But I know that we are almost to the pretty Spring days. And with Spring comes the need for warmer/cooler clothes [depending on how you look at it]. I won't be getting much for me, but I am on the look out for some cheap clothes for the little guy, he's growing and the seasons are changing so the timing is good to get new clothes for him. I looked online for some options for him, but wasn't impressed with what I saw, but then I actually went into a few stores and I wanted to buy him all of the things. I can't, and I didn't, get him all of the things, but it was so hard not to get a few more shirts and shorts for this summer. Though, after looking through his selection of clothes for this spring and summer I know I'm going to have to get him a few more things. Why do all of the clothes have to be so cute?

all found at Carters


I'm linking up here and here today with some fun ladies!

I hope you all have a nice weekend and are able to enjoy some warmer weather!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Those $3 slippers were an amazing find. So cute! And good for you on registering! I wasn't going to either but then figured I might as well, both to get the coupons and to just kind of keep everything we needed straight in my head:) All of that Carters stuff is SO cute. I have a shopping day planned there this week and it's going to be so hard not to buy all the things!!!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

3 dollar slippers - wha! awesome. I miss needing slippers, gosh were they comfy. Way too hot in FL for such things sadly. Or socks.

tina bumblebee said...

I can't wait until it's warm enough to wash my car with Lyla!!!!! Boys clothes are so cute!

Lauren said...

My husband and I were just talking about my lack of new socks last night...maybe I need to take some advice and pick up some of the clearance options soon!

And I totally just went on a spring shopping spree for Elyse last week...I can't wait to put her in all the cute new goodies I picked up!