Tuesday, March 3, 2015

some more snow

Saturday morning as I was driving to the grocery store I caught a little weather update/forecast on the radio. From what I heard, we were supposed to get up to four inches of snow, with the snow starting that evening. 

Saturday evening we went out and met some friends for dinner. The drive over it started snowing, little flakes, fat and wet. When we walked out of the restaurant the ground was covered in a not so thin layer of snow. We carefully drove home and before I went to bed I looked out the window and saw white everywhere and snowflakes falling fast from the sky. 

When I woke up in the morning one of the first things I did was look outside, I just had to know how much snow we got. A lot. More than four inches. More than eight. And the snow was still floating heavily from the white sky. When I looked into our yard I couldn't even tell we had a sandbox, it was completely covered. Nuts. Our poor little short pup had to practically dig a tunnel when he went outside. Though, I don't think he cared all that much, and seemed to enjoy himself. 


After a slow morning and all the breakfast dishes were cleaned up, we pulled on layer after layer so we could march out in the snow [one last time?]. Emerson "helped" shovel the driveway and the sidewalk. When they were both cleared he didn't want to come inside. That boy loves the outside. He loved the snow too, as long as he wasn't falling down in it.


When we came inside we peeled the layers of cold wet off and I did some laundry. The rest of the day we stayed inside. But we figured, the snow has to stop at some point, why not make the most of it and play in it while we can ... and while it's not -20 below with a -30 windchill. 


Even though we enjoyed playing in the snow, I am ready for Spring to get here. Green grass, flower blossoms, white puffy clouds, warmer weather... But for now it's Winter and I'm trying to make the most of it.



2 comments:

Christina Sotherden said...

So. Over. The. Snow!!!
But your little man sure does look cute out in it!!

Kasey Sutgrey said...

It is almost taller than baby boy! We just got some too but not near that much!