Friday, March 6, 2015

visitors, cleaning, organizing, and baby things

This weekend might be the first snow free [and by that I mean no fresh snow] weekend we've had in a while and the temperatures for next week are above 30 ... so it should be good. It's still not Spring around these parts, but I am ready to welcome the sunny warm days when they do decide to come for a visit. A few things for this Friday ...

found here

one | Landon's parents are coming in for a visit this weekend. Usually their visits are planned well in advance, but this one was sort of last minute -for them. As in, they didn't plan it until two weeks ago. Anyhow, they're coming in for a visit so a good time should be had by all I'm sure. I know of one little boy who loves all of the extra attention.

two | One of my goals for this weekend is to sort through boxes of baby clothes I have stored in our basement closet. Tiny clothes from when Emerson was a little peanut. I figure, since Emerson will be entertained by his Gigi and Poppy I might as well take advantage of having a few hours to sort throughout the clothes, really get them all organized [they are mostly organized and sorted by size but they need to gone through again]. Hopefully I'll get it all finished and then I can get started on putting baby's clothes in the bedroom!

three | Since I'll be in the basement going through tiny baby clothes I figure it's the perfect opportunity to go through, clean out, and organize the storage closet they are in. There are a few baby things in there that are going to be coming out as well, so hopefully that will clear up some space. My sister loaned me a lot of her baby things when Emerson was born and now that she's having a baby I'll be sending her things back to her. She goes in on Monday for her anatomy scan, I wish so badly I knew before then if she was having a boy or a girl, because I have boxes of boy clothes that I want to send to her. But it would be silly to do that before she finds out, right? Or not.... The reason lots of these baby things will be going to her now and not later is because Landon's parents are bringing their  SUV and will have tons of room for all of the baby things to take back. So, maybe I'll just send the clothes to her in case? Plus, there's a 50/50 chance she's having a boy, so ...

four | One of my constant struggles seems to be having a constant cleaning routine. Well, I'm not an expert and not in any real 'groove' for cleaning on the regular, but over the past few weeks I have managed to stay on top of the laundry and clean our house -not just do the dishes. It actually feels good to know that I just dusted this morning or vacuumed yesterday or did some other chore. Here's to hoping I'll be able to keep it up :)  

five | I've been thinking more about baby things and such. I feel like so much is done already and there is little to do for this peanut because he'll be sharing a room with Emerson and he can use all of Emerson's baby things. But there are a few things we didn't have with/for Emerson that I would like to have for this baby. The big one: a double stroller. We love to be outside and go on walks and we have the perfect neighborhood for that. Walking is also pretty much my only form of exercise. Not kidding. I would so love to be able to go on walks after the baby is born with both of the boys. For some reason I hadn't thought about a double stroller until recently and now I have to get one. Well, last Spring I wanted to get one for Emerson and the baby girl I babysit, but we were given a wagon, which works great for them, but not for an infant. So that's the big thing I'm looking at getting for us all to enjoy.

found here


So, yeah... Anyhow. These are the things I think about...

Linking up here and here today.


6 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm in a very similar nesting mode too :) having the same gender helps a lot! But my girls are as opposite season wise as you can get, so not everything works. Also, I sold all our big gear years ago, so I've been thinking about what needs to replaced too. So yep! I can relate to this post! :)

Jessica said...

I think a lot of us are in nesting mode right now:) I can totally relate too! And if I were you, I'd go ahead and send all that stuff with your in-laws. That way, you can check it off your to do list while you're already going to be going through stuff, and if she ends up having a girl, well, it can be put back into storage at some point down the road when your in laws come back.

You will definitely need a double stroller, friend! Walking is my only real form of exercise too, so we have already invested in one. We chose this one: http://www.target.com/p/graco-ready2grow-classic-connect-double-stroller/-/A-16343367#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=double+stroller
It lets an infant carrier click in, but then when the baby is big enough, flips around to two regular seats, and then when Caleb is a bit bigger, he can sit or stand on the back and the baby can go on the front. There's like 12 different options, so it should last for a good long time!:)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

Stopping by from the linkup! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and get all that nesting done. You'll definitely want a double stroller, although I tend to put my 18 month old in the Ergo more, while pushing my toddler in our jogging stroller. Good luck!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Oh I love getting things organized. I need to dig through my babe's closet soon. Awesome job keeping up with the cleaning. I'm terrible at it. I was deep cleaning once a month for a while there, but fell off the wagon in the new year. So I guess time to try that again.

Amy said...

Hope you had a great weekend with your in-laws that you were able to get some things crossed off your list! We had glorious weather over the weekend & it will continue throughout the week!

Lauren said...

I really thought I needed a double stroller...but Elyse is a big girl now and has decided that she'd just as soon walk as ride. So...I think we dodged that budget-killing bullet, for now!