Friday, April 3, 2015

a good friday

1.  A Good Friday. Today is a quiet day around our house, we won't be going to a Good Friday service at all, but I still think it's so important to remember why this Friday is Good and why it allows us to celebrate the risen Savior on Sunday for Easter. Such a sacrifice was made for us, and I know it's something I don't think about or thank God enough for. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for God to give up his only Son -for our sins! He didn't have to do that, I don't think I could have done that, but he did - because he loves us so. What a loving and gracious God.

2. A Quiet Friday. Due to today being Good Friday there is no school, so I have the day off. It has been so nice to just enjoy spending the day with Emerson and doing things that we don't normally do, mostly running errands. As that never happens on a week day morning, it has made this morning all the more special, even it if it is just to go out and do a little of this and that.


3. Easter Basket. I was hoping to have Emerson's Easter basket finished already, but it's not. There were a few little things that I wanted to add to it before I called it good, and I was able to get those this morning so I can put his basket together tomorrow afternoon.

4. More ready for baby. This week I've gotten a few more baby related things done which helps me feel like there will actually be a baby in our home in a few short months. The fact that my belly is big and round should remind me of that all on its own, but it doesn't. I'm starting to get my energy back so I'm trying to make the most of it and get all of the things done while I feel good and actually feel like getting it done. I keep thinking about how Emerson came much earlier than we had anticipated, so I want to be sure we are ready a little bit before then for this baby.

5. Easter. It will just be our little family again this Easter, so I'm trying to think about what I am going to fix for our Easter dinner/lunch and how I can make it special for us. We'll go to church, have our dinner together, nap, and then hopefully Emerson will feel like going on a little Easter egg hunt! Just a little one in our yard, but a little hunt for him just the same. And maybe we'll dye some eggs? And I'm hoping we'll be ready early enough on Sunday morning so we can go to the park like we did last year for a few pictures, although that might be a bad idea seeing as how Emerson loves the park and I'm sure will want to run around and play if we are there, so ... maybe not.

Anyhow, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter - with family or friends - and I hope that you are able to enjoy celebrating our risen Savior! Happy Easter to you all!

I'm linking up here today with some sweet ladies!



3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hoping you guys have a very good Easter! Loving that you put an emphasis on the real reason for this day - it's so important that our children grow up knowing what a sacrifice was made for them. Since becoming a mother, the reality of that sacrifice is all the more real to me. I can't imagine what God must have felt in sending his only son, knowing what would have to happen in order to save our sins. Wow!

Happy weekend, Hannah!

Chelsea said...

Hope you had a wonderful day off on Friday and a great Easter :)
Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

Alisha said...

LOVE this post, It is important to remember the true meaning of Easter, and the sacrifice God made for us. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!