Monday, April 6, 2015

baby bump #2 // 30 weeks


How Far Along: 30 weeks!

Size of Baby: A cucumber and/or a cabbage. The cucumber represents length and cabbage represents the weight. At least, that's what I can figure out from my readings. 

Feeling: Huge! Goodness sakes. I feel so big. But apart from that I'm feeling pretty good. Some days I have more energy than others. Some days I'm a little more tired than others. When I've been out walking lately I've noticed more tightness in my stomach. It doesn't feel like the baby is moving, it just feels tight. So, I'm not sure about that. But I just try and slow down a little bit [even more] and even though that doesn't seem to make them stop, I at least feel like I'm doing something to help it. I don't know. But in general I feel pretty good, which is always a blessing. 

Cravings/Aversions: Fruit and fruit flavored sparking water sound particular good these days. I've also indulged in more sweets than is probably good for me. I know I should really be watching what I"m eating, and only eating the things that I know are good and healthy for me, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. So, sorry baby and sorry body. I still have a little bit to go though, so I'm going to try and be more diligent with what I do eat. 

Clothing: It's pretty much the same. I have a few paris of maternity jeans that I wear all the time and I have a small collection of tops that are on a weekly rotation. I had a store credit at Old Navy so the other day Emerson and I made a quick stop there and I was able to pick up another t-shirt. I have a lot of long sleeve wintery-colored tops, so it's nice to have another short sleeve springy looking shirt I can wear. 

Gender: Baby boy! 

Best Moment This Week: This whole weekend has been wonderful! I've loved spending days at home with just Emerson and loved that Landon was able to take a break for most of Sunday to celebrate Easter with us. We had a wonderful Easter and I just loved being able to celebrate our Risen Savior!      

Looking Forward To: Getting more things ready for baby boy. 

Thoughts & Prayer: This week I fixed the crib and it's all made up for baby boy. Even though he probably won't sleep in in for a while yet, I'm anticipating he'll probably play in there quite a bit during the day. Having the crib made up makes his arrival feel a little bit more real. I pray that he will know the love of Jesus and that he will serve Him and be obedient to Him. Always. I pray for his health, growth, and development, for his safety and future. I pray he is a good sleeper and an efficient eater. I pray he will always know how much he is loved and that he will be kind to others. I am ever so thankful for this little blessing. 



5 comments:

Amy said...

Are you guys close to picking a name for the little one?

I stocked up on a few shirts from Old Navy, when they had a sale a few weeks back. I love their shirts & just how comfy they are!

You are looking so good! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

A good sleeper and eater..mmhm!! You look great!!

Meg ~ Chasing Pink Fireflies said...

You look great! I definitely get that tightness too, especially when walking. So I make sure to have lots of water on hand and drink up when it comes on. When's your due date? We must be days apart!

Alisha said...

How in the world do you only have ten weeks left? You look absolutely adorable, my friend. Can't wait to hear more about baby boy.

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

I think that tight feeling you are experiencing during walking are Braxton Hicks contractions. I got those ALL THE time when I was pregnant with Henry and tried walking. They kind of freaked me out at the time, but they are normal as long as you don't have too many. They told me to make sure I was getting lots of water. But great job walking!! And you do NOT look huge. At all.