Monday, April 13, 2015

baby bump #2 // 31 weeks



How Far Along: 31 weeks!

Size of Baby: A pineapple. 

Feeling: I'm still feeling pretty good these days. I feel like my energy has suddenly come back and I'm able to stay awake longer at night and not fall asleep during the day. I'm hoping this energy stays around until the baby comes because I feel like the no energy part of this pregnancy lasted forever! It's nice to feel "normal" again. I was unloading the dishwasher the other day and just leaning over to pick the silverware out of the rack felt a little challenging and I was very aware of my big belly. 

Cravings/Aversions: I'm still enjoying some fruit flavored sparkling water every now and then and fruit sounds good in general. I've had more sweets than I probably should [how can you not get Easter candy?] but I am trying to be more mindful of what I eat and how much I do eat. I am still not crazy about Mexican food or meat in general, but that's not really new to this pregnancy the meat part that is]. 

Clothing: I'm still wearing the same clothes as I  have been in for a while now: maternity jeans and tops for the most part. With the weather warming up a bit I've been able to wear a few skirts here and there, all of which are non maternity. But I mostly wear the jeans and t-shirts. 

Gender: A little boy

Best Moment This Week: We just had a really nice little weekend. Friday afternoon and evening were full but fun and Saturday morning we went to a little birthday party for one of Emerson's little friends. He loved it and had so much fun running around. We did a few other things, but it was a quiet weekend, so I liked it.  

Looking Forward To: Being able to go outside more. The weather isn't amazing, but it is warming up and we're able to spend more and more time outside and on walks, which is always a favorite for us. 

Thoughts & Prayer: Sometimes I don't feel like this whole having another baby thing is real. I know that it is, and I'm very aware of the fact that my belly is growing more every day. I'm getting things washed and ready for the baby and I know that before too long we will be a family of four; which is just crazy to think about. But in the midst of all of the growing and doing, I don't think I fully grasp that in about two months we will have a little baby in our home and life will change completely once again for us. All of us will be making adjustments and our "simple" life will no longer be as simple. And at the same time I am so very ready to meet this tiny little person. I pray that this little nugget will know and trust in Christ all of his days and that he will be obedient to Him. For health and safety,   growth and development. Oh there are many things I pray for this little guy; I'm so thankful for a Savior who hears our prayers. I'm excited to meet you soon little one! - Mama



3 comments:

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Looking great, can't believe we are in the 30s!

Amy said...

So glad you have your energy back! For your water, do you freeze your fruit inside the ice cubes? Or how do you do it?

I'm so glad that you had a nice weekend! Our weather is supposed to be in the 60's this week, which we have been needing desperately.

Alisha said...

You look amazing. I am so happy to hear you are feeling more energetic! That has to be just terrible, while caring for little ones too!