Monday, April 20, 2015

baby bump #2 // 32 weeks


How Far Along: 32 weeks 

Size of Baby: a squash 

Feeling: pretty good. I've noticed that I'm not as graceful when it comes to sitting down or getting up off of the floor and that it takes me a tad longer too. Emerson is all about the five minute head start and runs off squealing. Sleep has been pretty good. A pillow has been helping to support the belly for a while now, so I can sleep better. But I'll usually wake up at least twice in the night, sometimes more, and my let arm will always be asleep. I've been able to stay up later though, which is nice I think especially for Landon because that means I'm better company for him, though I still like my sleep so I usually go to bed at a not so crazy late hour. Braxton Hicks contractions continue to be a daily thing, I looked it up since mentioning the tightening in my stomach a week or so ago and some of you said it sound like Braxton Hicks contractions [so thank you :]. They happen throughout the day and even at night, and they seem to intensify when I am walking. I never had them with [or at least not that I felt] with Emerson, so it's new for me. 

Cravings/Aversions: You know, the whole craving thing, there have been things I've enjoyed eating or preferred eating this whole pregnancy, but I don't feel like there has been anything that I "have to have now or I will die." You know? I was talking to my sister the other night, around 9 or so, and she told me she as driving back from the store because she had a craving for Ramen Noodles and had to have them now. So she got them. My food cravings have been more like, "oh, that sounds good..." Does that even make sense? Anyhow, things that I'm enjoying right now are fruit. And the other day I had to run into the grocery store to get something and happened to walk by their strawberries -they had four pounds of strawberries for $3.90 or something crazy like that. I bought them and was a happy lady. Aversions: I'm still not fixing tacos for dinner, they just sound awful. 

Clothing: Still wearing the same tops and bottoms. They do the job so I wear them. Though, I have noticed a few of my maternity shirts seem to be shrinking ... or my belly is just really growing. It's just doesn't seem as long as it did before, which is sad. I saw a really nice nightgown on sale a few weeks ago and impulsively bought it. It works for now and will work for nursing as well. I figured it would be nice to have a nightgown to wear in the hospital after the baby is born because those hospital gowns are just not so nice. And so far I've really liked it, and I'm not one for wearing nightgowns. It's comfy and cute and I'm sure I will be wearing it every night for the next year. 

Gender: baby boy 

Best Moment This Week: Having two days off last week! It was glorious having Thursday and Friday all to ourselves. We enjoyed a nice weekend together and got several projects finished, which was nice. 

Looking Forward To: My doctor's appointment tomorrow. I haven't had one for a while now, so it will be nice going in and hearing the baby's heartbeat and all. And my in-laws are coming for a visit on Friday, so it will be fun to see them and spend some time together. I know Emerson will love all of the extra attention. 

Thoughts & Prayer: It is exciting to think that we only have a little over a month left, and maybe even less than that if you are anything like your brother and decide to come early [I would not be opposed!]. We have gotten a lot done when it comes to getting ready for you, but there are still things that need to be done, some of the things are just projects I know that if I don't do them now, they will never get done... and some are things I know I need to get done for you. We are still talking about your name, but just because we don't have one picked out doesn't mean that we don't love you. We love you so much and are so very blessed that we will get to welcome you into our arms in a few weeks. I pray that you are healthy and strong and that you grow in grace and wisdom. Most importantly, I pray that you will know and love Jesus with your whole heart and always seek and serve Him. I pray that your daddy and I can be good examples of how to live a life that is pleasing to Christ. You are a blessing and wonderful gift, and we can't wait to meet you, little one.  - Mama 




2 comments:

Lauren said...

you look so fabulous! He's going to be here before you know it!

Courtney said...

Ha! I've been feeling the same about my clothes. Did they shrink or am I really growing THAT much?!

You look great! :)