Monday, April 27, 2015

baby bump #2 // 33 weeks


How Far Along: 33 weeks

Size of Baby: a durian [which, by the way is the most disgusting tasting fruit ever. I'm not even kidding. It's also lethal if consumed with alcohol. It's illegal to eat durian fruit in hotels in Thailand for fear of people drinking with it and then dying. It has happened. Crazy stuff I tell ya... And also, it smells like vomit, so I'm not even sure what the appeal is. Most people in the states don't even know what durian is, so I just thought I'd share a few little tidbits about it with you :] or pineapple [obviously, a much better tasting fruit :]. 

Feeling: I'm still feeling pretty good. Really big, but good. I thought it was tricky a few weeks ago to stand and sit and what not, it's even more of a challenge now/takes longer. But I suppose that's to be expected. I feel the baby move a ton, which is always wonderful. There's been a little party in my belly a few times and I feel like maybe even some kickboxing lessons have been going on because it feels like both little fists are punching me at the same time. I just pray the little guy does not grow up to be a kick boxer. That being said, I love each and every little [or big] movement from the little fellow. 

Cravings/Aversions: No cravings or food aversions I can think of. I'm enjoying the usual foods, so that's nice :) 

Clothing: I think I'll be in the same clothes for the rest of my life [not really, but it feels like it]. No changes really though, maternity tops and pants. Non-maternity stretchy pants/pajamas/skirts and some regular t-shirts just for bedtime when no one is around to see. I'm hoping those shirts will still fit even after I've stretched them out with this pregnancy. 

Gender: a little boy peanut. 

Best Moment This Week: Landon's parents came in to visit us this past weekend, it was really nice to be able to spend time with them and I know Emerson loved every minute of them being here with us. 

Looking Forward To: Spending my days at home and trying to get things done. Nothing big going on around here for now. 

Thoughts & Prayer: There's not much longer before I get to see you again and we are getting really close to when we get to meet you, little guy! I love feeling you wiggle around in my belly and I love knowing that you are safe. I pray for you daily and that you would, above all else, know, love, seek, and obey the Lord all of your days. You are a wonderful blessing to us already and I know that first moment I hear you and see you, we will fall even more madly in love with you. You are already so loved and we are excited to meet you. I am ready to meet you, but I know you still have a little bit longer to "cook", so just keep getting stronger and developing like you are supposed to so we can welcome you into our arms soon. I love you, snickerdoodle! - Mama 



5 comments:

Jessica said...

I always wondered what a durian was! Ugh. Sounds super unpleasant though! Pineapple is much better.

Just 7 weeks to go now, friend! You are doing great! I know you must be getting so excited to meet your little man! :)

Kasey Sutgrey said...

You're getting close! And thanks for the fun durian factd! Random but interesting!lol

Kasey Sutgrey said...

You're getting close! And thanks for the fun durian factd! Random but interesting!lol

Amy said...

You're almost there! Whoa. That fruit is crazy. All those tidbits are quite fascinating. Looking great, Mama!

Courtney B said...

33 weeks already?! Time is FLYING! You look amazing!
Yay for a visit from the grandparents! Eric's parents haven't been able to come out to visit us in Arizona yet, but mine have and Mia was in HEAVENNNNN! Hopefully they will come back once your sweet babe is born!