Wednesday, April 22, 2015

blessings in the every day


There are some days I find myself counting down the minutes until lunch time. There are some days those morning hours go so slowly, I'll look at the clock and the next time I look at it only five minutes have passed, even though it feels like it has been at least an hour. There are some days when the morning hours seem to pass by so quickly and it's lunch time before I've finished cleaning up the breakfast dishes. Some days just seem to run together and there is no distinct difference between a Monday and a Wednesday. 

In the midst of these days, slow or quick to pass by, they are days that count and days that will go by. Days that we'll never get back. So even in the midst of the mundane, I try so much to count every hour and minute as the biggest blessing. Because they truly are a blessing and a gift. One day Emerson is army crawling everywhere and the next he is running away from me in fits of laughter. It's in the in-between that life happens. In-between having a newborn and a toddler. In-between being newlyweds and not so newlyweds. In-between being a student to being your chosen profession. Life happens in the in-between, in the every day. I hope and pray that one day I can look back on this little life I've been given and be able to say that I cherished every blessing. It's something I need to work on, I know that, but with time, with the in-between, my hope and goal is to find the everyday mundane things the biggest blessings. 

Little things like ... 
garden boxes, mini picket fences, a soft cool breeze, the little one's hand patting my back, the "hi Mommy" said for the tenth time in a minute, ripe strawberries, a homemade dinner, a clean kitchen floor... 

If you sit and think about it, the blessings truly are countless. 

What are some blessings or gifts in your life right now? Do you have a hard time seeing everyday things as blessings? 




3 comments:

Susannah said...

It's SO important to see the joy and good in every little thing! Thanks for the reminder! <3

Amy said...

I totally agree with you. There are days when the hours just fly by & then other days where I'm constantly checking the time. Thank you for the reminder!

Lauren said...

I am all too often guilty of watching the clock...but then there are days when the time flies by and I wish it wasn't naptime or dinner time or whatever, because we're all just enjoying the moment!