Last night we were at small group and some of the ladies there were asking me if I was ready for baby to come or not. I thought about it and shared with them that I was getting ready, but still had things to do.
Some of the things that are done:
- the crib is made up [not that he'll be sleeping in it right away]
- the rock n play, swing, and car seat liners have all been washed [and some have been put back into place]
- baby clothes have been washed and put away
- my pocket nanny [that I cannot live without] was ordered and arrived. And now is waiting, complete with batteries, to be used. The one I used with Emerson broke, I loved and used it so much.
- the closet has been organized. A little bit.
- lists have been made of all the things I need to do
- photographers for newborn photos have been looked into [I'm still so bummed that the hospital here doesn't partner with a photographer like the one in Louisville did/does] and it has been determined that they are too much money. So, I'll be creative on my own and hope for some pictures as good as Emerson's.
Things yet to do:
- pack my hospital bag
- pack the diaper bag
- pack Emerson's bag
- write a little letter/schedule for Emerson's caregivers while we're in the hospital
- finish baby's afghan
- finish a few other projects I'm working on for Emerson
- buy diapers and a few other baby things we need
- ... and the list goes on
After talking with them they decided I was not ready and that I was not nesting and that I still had a lot to do. Which of course got me thinking about all of the things I need to do and what needs to get done first, what can wait, and of all the things I need to get for baby.
I had already decided in my mind that I would have these things done by 35 1/2 weeks because Emerson came at 36 weeks and you just never know when baby is going to come along. I'm sure it won't be next week or the following, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I feel like this time there is more to get ready than just me, Landon, and baby - I have to get things together for Emerson in case he does have to stay with friends until family is here to be with him while we're in the hospital.
And now I feel like I've been pushed in to the full nesting mode and won't stop until baby is here. I'm hoping this weekend will be extremely productive and that I'll get most [all?] of the things on my list done, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how that actually goes come Monday.
One comforting factor for me? We didn't have a thing [well, maybe some diapers and a pacifier] for Emerson until our showers when I was 34 weeks and then the second one at 35 weeks. We got some big things at our second shower, and after we got home from that shower I got his room and things ready like that. I decided we couldn't wait any longer for the crib, and it had to be put together right away. Everything found a little home by the time we had finished and showed our family and friends a few days later. We finished most of the things [not the finding a pediatrician, pre-registering, and things like that] on Saturday [or Sunday?] morning, and he came that Monday morning. So I figure, at least I have some of these things done and the rest will get done just in time. Right? :)
And that's where my mind has been a lot of today.