Tuesday, April 14, 2015

missing pictures

So, last night for one reason or another, I upgraded my operating system to the new one. I figured I out to upgrade while it was still new and fresh and free. We've skipped upgrades in the past and because we skipped the initial ones, we've had to pay to update and then after awhile, we just weren't able to update to the newer system at all. Which stunk. I want this little computer to last for as long as possible so I upgraded to the new operating system. 

It took a while, but at first glance and click around everything looked good and normal and just the graphics had changed a bit. But then I clicked on iPhoto. And everything was not the same or good or normal. With the exception of a little over 100 pictures, they were all gone! Disappeared. No where to be seen. I clicked around. I even called Apple to talk to an expert about it. He was nice and helpful and told me what to do, but something is downloading now and taking forever, so they're going to call me back. yikes. 

On the bright side [if there is one], I have all of the memory cards for the missing pictures. So at least they're not gone forever. And if I don't upload them to my computer that frees up a lot of storage space. 

On the not so bright side, I do want those pictures on my computer which means I have to re-upload them all. 

Good gracious. 

And this is why I have been thinking that I need to get an external hard drive for the computer. 

And this is why I need to go get one now. I have pictures from before baby and the very first pictures of baby on there. I need those pictures! 

But, at least I have the memory cards. Right?

So, if you have any advice or tips or expertness in you about finding pictures on a new and upgraded operating system: please share!! 

Okay. That's all for today. I've got to get those pictures! 


3 comments:

tina bumblebee said...

WOW that's really scary, thank goodness for your memory cards. I have an external and it's great but sometimes I still get scared like what if my computer dies AND my external stops working AND I lose all my memory cards haha

Amy said...

Oh no! I have no advice. I'm not very tech savvy, but I can tell you I love our external hard drives. We have two. :) after every few months, Luke or I will transfer them to the hard drive to keep our laptop running as efficiently as possible. They are so easy to plug win when you need them. Hope it all works out for you! At least you have the memory cards. :)

Alisha said...

Oh no! I have no advice, but will say... an external hard drive is a total lifesaver! So glad you have them on memory cards though! Even though downloading pictures is terrible (why is that?!).