Friday, April 17, 2015

sickness, shoes, and baby things

Hello Friday. It's nice to see you and share some things that have been floating around my mind these days.

one. This week has been a little different from most, though it's been nice for the most part. Bee's dad got sick earlier this week [not fun], so she came early in the morning on Tuesday and Wednesday. But then her mom got sick too so she stayed home with her sick parents on Thursday, and again today because she was showing signs of catching the bug they had. I've been praying they all feel better and that those germs stay far far away from us!! The unexpected break has been nice for me and Emerson and I have enjoyed these days at home with just the two of us. It makes it seem like I have a long weekend, sort of.

two. Since it was just the two of us the other day Emerson and I went out looking for some new shoes for him. His little feet are growing and he is in need of new shoes for this Spring and Summer. I found some shoes I liked for him, but they didn't have them in the size he needs, so I'll stay on the look out for a little bit longer. Or just order them from online, I don't know why I didn't think of that before just now . . . But it was nice to get out of the house during the week and just kind of do whatever. I didn't really feel like doing anything, or going anywhere, but I feel like on days when Bee isn't here, I need to leave the house just because I can and because it's so much easier. I think Emerson also likes to get out and have a change of scenery, so it's not just for my sake.

found here

three. With baby's impending arrival I've been thinking more about what I need to do before June and things that I need to get - everything from diapers to pacifiers. One thing I was considering getting was a different nursing cover. I really hated the one I used with Emerson, and he didn't seem to care for it much either. I just didn't feel like it covered enough, and that even when I was covered,  things were still exposed. Not that I nursed in public often, but sometimes when we were at church or out traveling, it just had to be done. But with this baby, I'm thinking I'll need to use a cover more often as I will have two little ones at home - not that they know anything, but I really don't want Bee to see what I do and talk about it all the time, because she is a talker. I saw this cover and pretty much fell in love with it right away. Have any of you ever used this one? One like it? Are there other covers you like? Suggestions are welcome :)

found here

four. Since I'm already talking about baby things . . . I've had a list of things to do before baby comes in June and I've gotten several of the things checked off my list! I washed the covers [if that's what they're called] for the carseat, rock n play, and baby swing. And I washed and put away all of the baby clothes. It was a good thing I washed those clothes because now I know what I have that will work for baby and what won't. Since Emerson was born in January the seasons will be slightly off . . . and fleece sleepers and long sleeve shirts aren't really appropriate for summer. Now I know to be on the look out for good deals for a few things for baby. And I washed the bedding for baby's crib and it's all in place and the mobile is up and everything. The crib is ready [not that he'll be sleeping in it for a few months, but still, it's nice to have it ready]. It is nice to feel like I've actually gotten things done for this baby and be able to check some things off of my list. 

five. The weather has been getting nicer and nicer these days and we are loving going on walks and playing at the park. It will be so nice when it can be a daily occurrence again and we don't have to be worried about if it's going to be to cold, windy, or rainy. Spring days are so nice! 

I hope you all have a happy weekend, that you get to enjoy some pretty weather and the outside! 

I'm liking up here and here today. 



4 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the Balboa cover! We used it when we went on a flight when my little one was only 3 months old!

Jessica said...

LOVING that Covered Goods cover, and would love to pick one up to use with Vivi. I never had a nursing cover with Caleb, and I'd like to change that this time around. I'm just super modest and was always worried the blanket would slip down in front of family or in public! I've seen those cute little shoes at Target. Hope you can find a pair for Emerson soon:)

Amy said...

Love that cover! I'll be checking it out.

What are your plans for when baby comes? Will you be taking a maternity leave from watching Bee or how will that work?

Lauren said...

I have a similar cover to that for Nora, but for some reason I haven't used a cover as much as with Elyse. And it's not because I'm that much more comfortable with public nursing...I just don't seem to have to do it as often.

And I don't use a cover at home...ever. Nora doesn't really like being covered up and I just excuse myself to another room if that becomes necessary! Our church has a cry/nursing room that I'm typically the only one in, so I just use a blanket to not be so out in the open.