Friday, April 24, 2015

visitors, breakfast, and jeans

one. This weekend Landon's parents are coming in for a little visit. I've been working hard all week on getting the house ready for their visit and still have a few things left to do. It feels like even more of a process now than it did in the past. But, everything usually gets done in the end, even if it does take me five times as long to do it.

two. I'm fixing coffee cake for breakfast tomorrow morning and I'm all kinds of excited about it. I haven't made coffee cake in forever, and it just sounds so good with some fresh fruit to go along with it.


three. So, I have these maternity jeans and I am getting so tired of wearing them. I love jeans, don't get me wrong, and of all of the pants I can wear right now these are the best option. But, the belly part/band [call it what you will] does not stay in place. It's supposed to stay put, not fall down as you walk or when you sit. I feel like I'm constantly having to pull the band up and adjust the pants. They look nice and "normal", but they just don't stay where they are supposed to. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the pants. I don't really know. All I know is my very favorite pair of maternity pants are corduroy and the belly band stays where it is supposed to all day long. It will be a happy day when I can wear my non-maternity pants again. Though that won't be for a while yet, so in the mean time I'm just doing a lot of pulling an adjusting and waiting for some warmer days so I can wear skirts.

four. This week I got an exciting coupon in the mail, so I'm going to try and combine it with some sales and get some Spring and Summer clothes for Emerson and spend as little as possible. The boy needs some short sleeve t-shirts and other seasonal appropriate clothing. I'm thinking about taking him shopping with me so he can "help" but I'm also thinking that there is nap time. So, we'll see... regardless of when we go and if he goes, I'm hoping I can get some good deals on some things for him.

five. I don't have a five, so we'll just go with four for today :)

I'm linking up here and here with some sweet ladies.

Have a happy weekend!




3 comments:

Amy said...

Hope you had a great weekend!

Lauren said...

hope you have fun shopping! We took Elyse the last time and it was fun! She's become a little picky about what she wears, and it was easier to take here than to be frustrated when I bought a bunch of stuff she wouldn't wear!

Kasey Sutgrey said...

Coffee cake sounds amazing!