Tuesday, May 12, 2015

a mother's day weekend

This past weekend was  quiet one with a few little extra bits of fun thrown in. Saturday morning after getting back from the grocery store we got ready to go to the pool. Landon took Emerson swimming a month or so ago and ever since then Emerson has been talking about swimming at the pool with daddy ... and mommy too. Landon was able to take a break from work, so we got Emerson ready and went to the pool for a little bit. Unfortunately for me [though, fortunately for others I'm sure] I don't have a bathing suit that fits my body as it is right now and since I won't have this belly for much longer I didn't want to buy a maternity swimsuit as I'm not sure I would get to wear it more than two or three times, for all of an hour each time. But since Emerson wanted me to go to the pool with him I tagged along on their fun. There are a few pools on campus Landon can swim at for free any time, and they have certain hours you can take you kid for free, Saturday morning being one of those times. We called to see if I could come in for free, as they usually make you pay $10 whether you swim or not, and they said I could come in without paying.


So we spent the rest of our morning at the pool and oh how I wished and wished I had a swimsuit that fit me right now. the water looked so inviting and all I wanted to do was get in it! I hope they go swimming again, because Emerson loves it, but at the same time, if they do, I will be not so secretly sad I don't get to swim with them. So I seriously think about justifying buying a $30 swimsuit that I will probably only wear twice. hum... Anyhow, it was a fun little way to spend the morning and we left with a sad little boy who wanted to "wim" all the day long. I can't say that I blame him. 

After lunch the ladies in our small group were getting together for some snacks. It was planned the day before, as far as I know at least, but I was able to go and spend some time with them outside of small group time, which was a nice little change. We chit-chatted and visited for a little while and then before it was time to go they surprised me with some very sweet baby gifts! It was so unexpected, generous, and thoughtful of them to shower their love on us like that. We are so thankful to be apart of a small group again, and this one has been such a blessing in so many ways. I only hope and pray we are as much of a blessing to them as they are to us! 


On Sunday morning Emerson woke bright and early, even earlier than he usually does, climbed out of his bed, and ran into our bedroom. The boy never does that. He knows not to and is pretty good about waiting for one of us to come and get him. But not on Sunday. After making him lay in his bed for all of one minute so we could be the ones to get him up, he climbed into bed with us and we talked and played read books. After a while Emerson brought his toy bins into our room and put all of his toys on our bed so he could have more to play with. I guess one pillow wasn't enough.



We enjoyed a muffin breakfast together and then went off to church. When we got home Landon and Emerson went to the pond to throw rocks at the geese, a new favorite of Emerson's, and then did a little bike riding. If it was up to Emerson, he would be outside all the day long. He loves running around, throwing things, his little tricycle, catching birds, and just exploring. The weather was nice enough that we were able to be outside for a while that morning. While they were outside I took a nap :) It was a nice little treat and did my sleepy body worlds of good. I woke up and snuck outside to take a few pictures of the boys having fun.


Landon and Emerson fixed lunch while I did a few things around the house and we were able to enjoy the afternoon hours doing a little of this and that and not a whole lot. It was a lovely way to spend the day. I hope you all had nice little weekends too :) 



5 comments:

tina bumblebee said...

Can you not go swimming without a swimsuit? When I was pregnant I just wore a tanktop and shorts into the pool!

Amy said...

Aww! What a wonderful weekend! My in-laws have a pool & I'm debating getting a swimsuit. I just don't know.

Susannah said...

I think it would be totally worth it to get a suit if you're all going swimming again! Who knows... You may end up having another kiddo and using it a lot during that pregnancy. ;-)

Laura said...

What a perfect weekend! Our subdivision has a little pool; it happens to be next door to our house. It opens in a week, and I can't wait! We love swimming too!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

It looks like you had a nice weekend! Love the baby bump, too. You're getting SO close!