Friday, May 22, 2015

animals, cake, and naps

Happy day to you! So far, today is going a lot more smoothly than yesterday, I'm just praying that continues. Anyhow, I enjoy randomness, so that's what I'm doing today... 

one. a pit stop.  
Yesterday after we left urgent care and were on our way home, Landon asked if the park with animals was open yet, I wasn't sure so we stopped by to see. It was closed, but be got to walk around the outside of the park and say hello to some friendly farm animals all just the same. We loved going to this park last summer and I'm sure we will be going just as much, if not more, this summer. Stopping was not something I would have done if I was alone with the two kids, but Emerson's daddy is fun and likes to go on little adventures, so we went. I am so glad we did, it was a nice way to wrap up a not so nice morning.



two. naps. 
After lunch we take naps around here, usually I don't nap, but every once in a while I sneak one in. Emerson was so tired when I laid him down yesterday that he fell asleep before I left his room, then he slept for two hours, a typical nap for him. When he woke up crying I went to get him and he just laid his little head on my shoulder, I love me some cuddles, so we went and sat in the rocker. He fell asleep while I rocked him, and before I knew it Landon was coming upstairs an hour later to check on him. I guess I was pretty sleepy too and didn't realize I had dozed off.

three. gooey butter cake. 
It's pretty much the best cake ever. I love finding an excuse to make it, and over the years this has slowly become Landon's favorite dessert and trumped all of his other favorites. Anyhow, I got to make one the other day for a little picnic we went on. Special treat.


four. so sleepy. 
I realized I just mentioned napping a second ago, but I can't help mentioning it again. I am so exhausted and tired these days. It's a little ridiculous. I wake up, have breakfast, clean up, play for about an hour with the munchkins, and then by nine or so I'm ready to go back to bed. It is awful. And I don't even have a baby keeping me up at night. Though I'm sure here all too soon I will be even more exhausted and I will be laughing at how I thought I was tired...

five. visitors. 
This weekend Landon's parents are coming in for a little visit, I'm not sure that we're going to do much, but we are looking forward to their visit just the same. It's always nice to see family and mix up the typical weekend.

Anyhow, happy weekend to you!

I'm linking up here and here.



3 comments:

Callie Nicole said...

Ah, how fun to get to nap with your little guy! I haven't been able to do that in forever - one of the other ones is always needing something. :-)

tina bumblebee said...

I LOOOOOOVE butter cake!!

Laura said...

I love parks with animals too! That cake looks amazing! Would you be willing to share the recipe? So glad Emerson seems to be doing better!