Wednesday, May 27, 2015

another little weekend

I realize that today is Wednesday, but I still wanted to share a little about our weekend, mostly because I can and I always enjoy looking back on the little things that make up our life.


Saturday morning Emerson and I went grocery shopping [and he stayed dry the whole time and went potty before we left the store... so so exciting, I tell ya] and came home and did a few little chores here and there and played and read for a bit. Later that afternoon Landon's parents came in to visit for the weekend, bringing gifts for Emerson and diapers for the baby. We went for a little walk to the pond by our house and then out for dinner. The rest of the night was pretty quiet, Emerson went to bed and we stayed up talking and watching a movie for a little while.


After church on Sunday we went on another walk and then out to eat. We enjoyed a quiet afternoon, complete with naps, and then went to the petting park near our house. Emerson loved looking at all of the animals and did not want to leave, sadly for him we couldn't stay all day and we went home to fix dinner. Landon grilled some food and I cut up some fruit and we called it good.


Once Emerson was down for the night Landon and I went out for a little ice-cream date. I had been looking forward to the ice-cream date all day long, so when we got to the ice-cream shop and realized it was closed I was pretty bummed. What ice-cream shop closes at 8 in the summer?! I mean really. We ended up with another sweet treat, but it just wasn't the same as the ice-cream I had been dreaming of. It was still nice to be out of the house and have some time with just Landon.


I had been hoping that baby might decide to make his appearance over the weekend, it would have been nice, since Landon's parents were already at our house, but no such thing happened. I've been feeling similar symptoms [if you want to call it that] to those I had right before Emerson was born, which makes me think that the baby will come any time. But, now I know he's just teasing me and my body will be in discomfort until the doctor makes him come. Though, it doesn't mean I've stopped praying for him to come before that day.


Anyhow, it was a fun little weekend and we were happy to spend it with family. We didn't have any big cookouts or anything, but it was nice to just be home and see family just the same.

3 comments:

Kasey Sutgrey said...

What a fun weekend and those pics at the petting zoo are too cute! I will pray you are put out your misery soo too!!!!

Kasey Sutgrey said...

What a fun weekend and those pics at the petting zoo are too cute! I will pray you are put out your misery soo too!!!!

Amy said...

8pm?! Girl, I'm so sorry! That's not fair...especially when you're pregnant & especially in the summer!