Monday, May 4, 2015

baby bump #2 // 34 weeks


Dear little Jelly Belly, 

This morning I got to see your little face again and hear your heartbeat thumping loud and fast. It could not have been sweeter to see and hear you today. Yesterday you gave us a little scare; around four o'clock I realized that I hadn't really felt you move at all that day, you are a mover and you have become fairly predictable with your movements. Once I started trying to think if you had moved, I couldn't think of one time you had. So I laid down and played with your brother for a little bit. When I still didn't feel you move at all I had a nice cold glass of orange juice, laid down, and waited some more to feel you wiggle around. You didn't move at all. About an hour after drinking the juice I felt one little jab, but nothing more. I continued to pay attention to your movements and tried counting, but there was nothing to count. So after worrying a little bit I just called the nurse and talked to her about it and she said I should come in to have you checked out as soon as I could. Your daddy wasn't at home and I couldn't get ahold of him, so I waited and waited and prayed and waited and prayed for you to wiggle. A few minutes before your daddy got home you started to move a little bit more, and after talking to the nurse again, I decided to stay home and count and see if you would move any more for me. Thankfully you started moving a little bit and I decided to wait to see you until the morning when I knew I had a doctor's appointment and sonogram. Please don't scare me again like that! 

Anyhow, your appointment went well. The ultrasound technician said you were moving nonstop, which was true at the time, and she said you had a good strong heartbeat. Thank the Lord. The doctor said you are a little on the smaller side, but not too tiny and he doesn't see you gaining a ton of weight and being born at nine pounds or anything, which is perfectly fine by me. You can stay little :).

The doctor also said the placenta had shifted [I'm sure you were dying to know that...] and that everything looks good. We talked about how you might make your entrance into this world, and right now your Daddy and I are thinking it will be via c-section. I've talked to the doctor and done additional reading and research, so yeah, but more on that later. Anyhow, because you will be born via c-section we talked about your birthday. As in choosing one for you! It's crazy to think that in a little over a month's time you will be here with us. It's also crazy for me to think about choosing your birthday. I'm really not keen about that idea and really don't want to choose the day and time you will be born. So please, please, please, just come on your own so you can pick your own wonderful date of birth. That's not something I want to choose for you, even if I will probably choose things you don't want me to in the future. This one I want to be up to you. Got that? Talking about your potential birth date made everything so much more real. I mean, I know you're in my belly cooking away and all, but actually talking about setting a date that we would get to see you and hold you?! Oh my goodness.

I got some diapers and a few other things we needed for you this weekend and for some reason that makes me feel all the more prepared and ready for your arrival. Now I just have a few more things on my list to check off. Slowly but surely they are being ticked off. I'm happy to have some of the bigger things finished though.

The weather is staying nice for the most part, which I love, as does your big brother. We went to the park the other day with Daddy and Boady and I tell you what, I was exhausted before we even got home. I may be taking walks when the weather is nice, but I don't think I have the energy to keep up with your busy brother by myself at the park ... I'm hoping he'll be content chasing birds in our backyard and playing with what we have at home: bubbles, chalk, and a sandbox.

I love you so much little Jelly Belly of mine. Keep moving - a lot. And please don't give us another scare like you did yesterday. I am so thankful for your little life and love you so much already. I know you are gift and a blessing from God and I just pray I can be the best mama you need. I pray you are safe and healthy and that above all you will know the love and grace of Jesus and seek him all of you days. I can't wait to meet you little one! - Love, Mama



5 comments:

Lauren said...

oh I remember those times when the movements stopped for so long...and it would always send me into a panic. I'm glad everything checked out ok today.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you having a c-section? I had one with Elyse, but had a VBAC with Nora. Hope everything is ok!

Kasey Sutgrey said...

I am glad baby is okay! They start worrying you even in the womb!

Courtney said...

Ugh I hate scares like that!! It's the worst. So glad he started moving again for you.

Can you pick his due date? That seems like a good birthday :)

Amy said...

So grateful that he started moving for you. How scary!

Jillian said...

glad everything is ok with lil man! that does sound scary and I am sure you are relieved he is kicking and moving again!!!