Monday, May 11, 2015

baby bump #2 // 35 weeks

please excuse the poor lighting in this picture... it is what it is. 

Dear Little Jelly Belly, 

This week you are as big as a coconut and/or a honeydew melon. You are growing! Thankfully after the big scare you gave us last week, you have been pretty active and have been very good about letting me know you are around and just hanging out, doing your thing. I can tell you are growing because your movements are stronger now than before and they are bigger. Sometimes I'll look down at my belly and be amazed when I see you stretch yourself out and as my belly goes every which way. You are such a blessing and a miracle and I am so thankful for your little life. 

I feel huge! And I feel you all the time. Not necessarily your movements, but the fact that you are making my belly grow so much. Leaning over to put a dirty dish in the dish washer - there's the belly. Bending down to pick something up off of the floor - there's the belly. Sitting down - there's the belly. It's so big! I'm also feeling so exhausted. And not just sleep exhausted, but my body is tired. Walking up the stairs is a chore. Going from sitting on the floor to standing up takes work. Standing for long [20 minutes?] bouts of time wears me out. My body aches. It's a little crazy. I don't remember feeling this big or this exhausted with Emerson, but maybe I'm just putting those things out of my memory... Or maybe it's because with Emerson I was busy all the time, with my kids at school keeping me on my toes. All I know is I feel worn out. All the time. 

We are ready for you to come anytime now, and it is now safe for you to come - if you decide to come early. I feel like you will be making an early appearance, but who knows, you'll probably make me wait until two weeks past you due date [though in reality, that won't be happening as we have a scheduled c-section. It makes me really anxious, having that set date, but for now it it what it is. Please come before then]. But we are ready. We have everything we need to welcome you home, bags are packed, lists are made, things are done. And we mostly have a name for you. It's not official or anything, but I'm pretty sure we know your name... although, knowing us, it could very well change. I'm hoping it doesn't as I think this name is you. But your daddy is not as certain. So . . . we'll see. 

The weather has warmed up a bit, which is nice, and I have quickly realized that the majority of my maternity clothing are all winter clothes! Long sleeves, corduroy pants, jeans. The jeans I could wear even now, I love wearing jeans, but they are not fitting so well on my ever expanding belly, and every time I put them on I become frustrated that the belly band part doesn't stay put and I end up changing into something else. Mostly I've been wearing skirts with a stretchy/elastic waist band. Whatever works. I'm also doing laundry a lot more frequently, as I don't even have a weeks worth of short sleeve shirts to wear. Even though I probably shouldn't have, I bought another top the other day because I needed something that fit! I'm trying to make it through the end of this pregnancy without getting any more maternity things, but this belly and my lack of weather appropriate clothing is making it a little bit tricky. Though, I'm sure we'll make it and all will be good. 

While we were doing our grocery shopping the other day I happened to see the sweetest little outfit and sleeper, and it was half off, and I had a coupon to go with it, so I picked it up and when I asked your daddy if I could get it for you he agreed. I thought it would be nice to have something special just for you to wear. I know you'll be wearing hand-me-downs for probably your whole life, so getting you something of your own to wear during your first few weeks of life just seemed right. It's adorable, and I can't wait to dress you in it. 

I love you so much little snickerdoodle. I pray that you are safe and continue to grow and be healthy. I pray for your delivery and transition into this big unfamiliar world. I pray that you will always know that Jesus loves you and that you love Jesus and walk in his ways every day of your life. You are a beautiful gift, peanut, and I can't wait to hold you in my arms, smell your sweet new baby smell, and feel your soft new skin against mine. I love you for always. - Mama 


compare with Emerson's 35 week bump here 




5 comments:

Courtney said...

35 weeks and 35 days left! Such an awesome milestone!! :)

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Yay for a name!!! And you look great, totally feel ya on the exhaustion thing, walking up stairs is hard work these days!

Jessica said...

You are such a sweet, sweet Mama, Hannah! Your little guy is one loved baby, and I can't wait for you to meet him:)

Kasey Sutgrey said...

I am glad it was just a scare! And it really is amazing how they grow and our bodies juat adapt, it is a miracle! You should print these letters out and make a little book!

Amy said...

35/35! Yay! I love your skirt!! Is that your new one from Kohls??

I can't wait to hear what name you've picked out for your sweet little guy!