Monday, May 18, 2015

baby bump #2 // 36 weeks



Dear little Jelly Belly, 

This week you are the size of a honeydew melon! It feels like you just keep growing [because you are doing that...] especially as your movements are bigger and sometimes even a little bit painful, but I am not complaining in the slightest. I love feeling you wiggle around in your little home and if you don't move for a while, you have me in a fright. So, just keep swimming, just keep swimming :) 

Over the past week I have been feeling a lot of similarities to the feelings/symptoms I felt right before your brother was born. I don't know if this means you are going to make an early entrance into this world as well, only time will tell. But this is the week your brother was born, knowing that and experiencing similar symptoms sure has me wondering [and even hoping] we will get to meet you soon. I also feel like you will be here early, but my intuition isn't always right, so who knows. Right before your bother was born Boady cuddled with me like he never had before, we had friends over and he would not budge from my lap to for longer than a few minutes and didn't even say good bye when they left or go to his cozy spot under the couch. He stayed in my lap for as long as I let him. Your daddy wants to leave Boady out at night these days, just to see what he would do... would he come cuddle in my lap like before? Or would he go to his cozy spot? They say dogs can sense these things, and we're both sure he sensed your brother was going to come soon when he cuddled with me that night. 

Your brother has also been developing some less than desirable sleeping habits these nights. Is it just a phase? Or does he sense that things are going to change soon and have some kind of intuition? I don't know! But all these feelings and symptoms have me on my toes for sure and I really feel like it could be any time. Though, each baby is different and you will probably wait until the very last minute. Oi. We shall see... 

You have your daddy on his toes too, the other day I had some strong cramping [contractions?] and he was ready to go. I think he's ready to meet you too :) 

This morning I got to hear your little heartbeat, it is such an amazing sound, hearing you beat away in my belly. I feel you move, but to hear you? What a gift and a joy. The nurse listened for a while to your heartbeat, unlike the usual two seconds. I guess that's a good thing? We'll pretend like it is, she seemed pleased so we'll call it good. And from here on out we have weekly visits to the doctor. Crazy! 

We are so looking forward to meeting you and pray for you so much! I do pray that you will come on your own and we won't have to go in for the scheduled delivery, for some reason it is so important to me that you decided to come on your own and surprise us a little bit. Please? I pray that you are healthy and strong and that I am able to take care of you right from the start and provide everything you could possibly need. I pray for your days ahead and that you know and love Jesus with your whole heart and that you obey Him always. I pray for your transition into this world and into our family to be a smooth one. You are so loved jelly bean. I can't wait to see you, to stroke my finger across your tiny soft check, to hold you close to me and whisper into your ear. I am ready little one, any time you choose to come, it's okay by me. 

I love you to the moon and back. Love, Mama


2 comments:

Candace Shiflet said...

awhhh soooooo precious! you will be so grateful you write this cute letter when your baby is grown! Your baby bump is just the cutest!
xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

Amy said...

Eeek! I wonder if he will be making his appearance soon!